120 Days for CWP - Page 3
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 120 Days for CWP

Guess I was lucky

Mine took 80 days from check cashing but it was 90 days from when I sent it.

Instructor told me to use a cashier's check to expedite the process.
    Otherwise it would be 90 days from when the check was cashed.
    (Checks cashed that day are posted the following day from what I was told)

BTW - don't let your CWP ever expire. You'll have to do it all over again.

3. Quote Originally Posted by mrlarry View Post
    I am willing to wait. I just have questions, that's all. I am definately not backing anyone in a corner and demanding anything. I am only questioning the issue of the law saying one thing, and the program not staying within those guidelines. Only questions... not demands. A concerned citizen if you will. I believe that when laws, amendments, or anything of that nature are written they should be followed to the letter. Otherwise, what's the use of writting them in the first place?
    "Laws are made for men of ordinary understanding and should, therefore, be construed by the ordinary rules of common sense." Thomas Jefferson

It is far too often the letter of the law is followed over the intent and meaning of the law, and that is one of the main problems in our country.

Analyze what is happening and work towards fixing the problem. I agree, it sounds like they need to hire more people to keep up with the demands......I agree with your principle, I am just agravated by the words..

Jeeze it sounds to me like SC is pretty rough. I was told here in norfolk it would be a MAX of 45 days, but normally it takes 3 weeks and im on day 11. Haha for once im glad i live in norfolk, i guess its the ghetto expedition process up here.

Do you count working days or calender days

The fact that I have to wait at all for the powers that be to "allow" (i.e. priviledge) me to carry a firearm (i.e. right) is a farcical concept in the first place. So if the law states 90 days then 90 days it should be. If it's up for interpretation it should read "after a brief or longer period, we may or may not let you legally protect yourself or your family.... it depends". The interpretation game is what gives the masters of rhetoric the upper hand. Just my $.02.
    "I hold it, that a little rebellion, now and then, is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical." - Thomas Jefferson
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In my limited opinion the solution is NOT to hire more people and spend more of OUR tax dollars to allow good law abiding citizens their rights. Our elected officials need to justify their jobs, so they make more laws..... Solution is to start getting rid of the laws we have that are foolish and don't do anything.

Talking

[email protected] - so are you saying, take the second amendment literally: not to infringe our right to actually bear arms?

I am all in favor of a open carry nationwide for all law abiding US Citizens and permit only those who wish not to bear and conceal.

What would LEO do if crime was reduced?
    What would LE clerks process?
    How would politicians justify higher taxes?

Sorry for the sarcasm - but I think government intentionally creates burden to justify their existence.

I agree we should not use tax money to hire more people. We should use the money that we're all paying for the CWP classes to hire at least one more person so that lady isn't doing it all. Let me restate that waiting doesn't bother me. It's not following their own code. I agree that most laws are BS and serve the bureaucratic monster. I second the motion for the nationwide open carry!
    "I hold it, that a little rebellion, now and then, is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical." - Thomas Jefferson
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Just a quick update, day 18 and I am going to go pick it up now. Dont know how long its been approved but I havent had a phone for a week. Id say it took 2 weeks total.
    WOOT
    "Injustice anywhere is a threat to Justice everywhere".
    -MLK

Day # 76 since they received it. Wish I knew when it was coming.
    SC CWP
    Kimber Ultra II
    Taurus PT1911 ALR

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast