120 Days for CWP - Page 4
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 120 Days for CWP

Any SC folks got theirs back lately. Maybe give everyone else an idea how long it is taking now. Mine has been gone 90 calender days today have not heard anything.

Thanks for the bad news. 90 calender days? I'd go ahead and make a phone call...a nice phone call, just to verify you have no problems.
    SC CWP
    Kimber Ultra II
    Taurus PT1911 ALR

Well my CWP came Saturday 92 days after it was mailed off. It was post marked Friday which was 91 days after it was mailed

That's great news.
    SC CWP
    Kimber Ultra II
    Taurus PT1911 ALR

90 days are working days that the State office is open. and that is from the date they recieve it, to the day they mail it.

Take out all Sat, Sun, and holidays....
    SC CWP, NR - NH P/R L
    .45 Randall 1911
    .45 Glock 21

Mine was 92 days from the date It was mailed till the date I received it including Saturdays, Sundays and Holidays. Mailed 1/23/2009 Received 4/25/09

My check was cashed on 2/13, so I'm about 15 days away, give or take. I haven't yet bought my concealed holster, partly because I want to be sure I'm approved, and partly because I haven't decided where to wear it.
    SC CWP
    NH non-res CWP
    NRA Member

I renewed my SCCWP back on March 2 online, I just received the new one last week. Im glad I did not wait till closer time to the expiration date. The old one expires tomorrow.
    SW 686 in the front/Glock 23 in the rear. http://www.stewartlee.org

Quote Originally Posted by CUProf View Post
    I renewed my SCCWP back on March 2 online, I just received the new one last week. Im glad I did not wait till closer time to the expiration date. The old one expires tomorrow.
    Wow, so you sent in your renewal 2 months in advance!? That's good to know. Thanks for sharing.
    SC CWP
    NH non-res CWP
    NRA Member

OK - time for the correct info.
    SLED took a big budget /manpower cut just like the rest of the state agencies (my wife works for the Health Dept and they have a schedule of "furlough days" off without pay). Yes, there is 1 lady processing apps, but, overall, is doing a good job.

90 calender days is the standard - not working days. Does no good to call/raise hell before about 95 - as it could very well be in the mail.

Don't forget that a chunk of the $50 fee goes for the FBI check, so SLED isn't getting all of it.

Appx 15% of prints come back "not classifiable" - which results in added workload to contact applicant, have them re-done and re-submitted. Can't confirm, but current thinking is that these are not done by LE.

Current active permits are around 78,000+... a big jump from the 46,000 average recently.

Basically, there is no conspiracy to slow down the process. So far as we can see, the system is working pretty well considering the overall financial situation. That said, we're monitoring it to avoid any possible future problems.

Howard
    NRA Life Member, NRA Firearms Instructor, Range Safety Officer
    SC CWP Instructor
    GrassRoots GunRights SC - the only choice for SC

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast