120 Days for CWP - Page 5
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: 120 Days for CWP

Also, as regards renewals: SLED is no longer sending out renewal notifications. You can renew on-line if nothing has changed since original issue, and cannot renew earlier than 90 days from expiration. I advise doing this at about the 85 day point.

Howard
    NRA Life Member, NRA Firearms Instructor, Range Safety Officer
    SC CWP Instructor
    GrassRoots GunRights SC - the only choice for SC

3. I took the class on Jan.31st, mailed in my check on Feb. and I received my permit today the 7th. post mark was 5/4

4. Sorry I mailed the Check on Feb, 2

Dang, based on the turn time for yours I thought I'd have mine by today. Maybe Monday....
    SC CWP
    Kimber Ultra II
    Taurus PT1911 ALR

Wife just called... it's waiting on me. Check was cashed by SLED on 2/13. Just under 90 days. woo-hoo!
    SC CWP
    NH non-res CWP
    NRA Member

Ok, now Im worried. Based on the last two that gave status I should have had my Saturday...but I didn't get it then or today either. My check was cashed on the 12th. I haven't heard from my bro in law either so I don't think he got his (sent same day). I'll have to check my father in laws mail tonight and see if he has a letter from SLED.
    SC CWP
    Kimber Ultra II
    Taurus PT1911 ALR

I just heard that if you are about to take the CWP class now, the wait is at least 150 days! The SLED folks have also said that whenever you call to check on your permit, it stops the whole process of processing permits! So if I understand this right, one lady processes the permits, mails them out, licks the stamps, answers the phone, mops the floor, shines the windows, sweeps the parking lot and is a single mom. I'm not trying to kick up dust again here, but adding another 30 days to the 120 which was 30 added to the original 90 is insane. I wonder if I should get my 5 year old son to apply now!!
    "I hold it, that a little rebellion, now and then, is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical." - Thomas Jefferson
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Another thing to consider here is that the 90 day count begins when your application is stamped as OPENED. NOT when you put it in the mail and/or received a postal date, or it arrives at SLED.

Per a letter to all Instructors, as of March xx, "Since January 1st we have had a 100% increase in applications submitted OVER last year, which we are attempting to manage with a 30% reduction in budget and staff."

I'm not rushing any public office to use a bunch of money to hire more bodies. That's mostly the reason we're under the dark shadow of the USSA now.

fnsmoak
    Don't let PUBLIC EDUCATION be responsible for your legacy of "Gun Control". If you don't train them, who will?

90-120 days is nothing, In NY you wait for 6-9 months for a restricted permit, And if you call the county clerk you will only piss them off and you will never get your permit.
    Don't Try To Run From The Sniper You Will Only Die Tired.

Quote Originally Posted by racer624 View Post
    90-120 days is nothing, In NY you wait for 6-9 months for a restricted permit, And if you call the county clerk you will only piss them off and you will never get your permit.
    Wow! I'll be shutting up now. That's insane!
    "I hold it, that a little rebellion, now and then, is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical." - Thomas Jefferson
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast