120 Days for CWP - Page 9
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: 120 Days for CWP

Quote Originally Posted by dstressman View Post
    i wish their was a way to check on the process
    Just read in another thread on here that a couple of guys got theirs around 3 weeks early.

Probably due to the CWP applications tapering off but may be something else.
    Talking to folks at a local gun store told me that the CWP office was moved to a larger one and I gather that there's two ladies processing the apps.

I had to have a minor change to my permit and sent in the change request. One of the ladies in CWP office called me at 7:30 pm to ask if I had got my permit yet which I told her no and was told that it will be in the mail the next day. Apparently these ladies are working late to speed up processing.

Kudos to the CWP staff!

Quote Originally Posted by MTee View Post
    Probably due to the CWP applications tapering off but may be something else.
    Talking to folks at a local gun store told me that the CWP office was moved to a larger one and I gather that there's two ladies processing the apps.

I had to have a minor change to my permit and sent in the change request. One of the ladies in CWP office called me at 7:30 pm to ask if I had got my permit yet which I told her no and was told that it will be in the mail the next day. Apparently these ladies are working late to speed up processing.

Kudos to the CWP staff!
    Awesome! I'm all for some of the application fees going to OT to get them processed faster.

issued 12/2/09 got it 12/5/2009 ,,,,84 days

Tapering off? let's see... we averaged around 45,000 active permits thru last fall... we now have over 102,000. Can't say I'd call that slowing down...

Howard
    NRA Life Member, NRA Firearms Instructor, Range Safety Officer
    SC CWP Instructor
    GrassRoots GunRights SC - the only choice for SC

Quote Originally Posted by hpj3 View Post
    Tapering off? let's see... we averaged around 45,000 active permits thru last fall... we now have over 102,000. Can't say I'd call that slowing down...

Howard
    But has it tapered down since the earlier part of the year? Was most of the 120,000 from the first six months?

By the way, thanks for your somewhat thankless task if that's where you work. Nobody, including me, gets the permit fast enough to suit them. :)

Just saw a post on another forum from a guy that got his in 86 days.

I was bummed because I had to leave on a business trip when day number 91 was going to arrive. I had hoped to get mine before I left but consoled myself with the idea that I'd have it when I got back. Today is day 95 and I'll be going to the mailbox with great hopes since it hasn't arrived yet.

Tomorrow will be day 98 if you count when they received it or day 101 if you count from when I mailed it and still no love.

Well, another update...it would have been here in around 84 days if it had been sent to the correct address. The problem is that it went to a neighbor's mailbox and they are snowbirds. I contacted the post office and spoke to the delivery person so that they can take that letter from the wrong mailbox and put it into mine. If everything goes right, I'll have my CWP this afternoon.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast