120 Days for CWP
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 120 Days for CWP

120 Days for CWP

I took the CWP coarse today and was informed that it could take up to 120 days to get the permit, because there is ONE lady doing all the processsing for the STATE. How is this even possible? There were 2 but one was laid off in January? I don't understand this, because all that I have heard is that gun and ammo sales are up and all of the CWP classes are full! It seems that since there is more $$ coming in you could maybe hire at least one other person. Does anyone have any further info on this?

I'm not from SC but this is happening in a lot of jurisdictions, and it looks to me like it's a matter of the agenda of the local (state) officials. If they support or are neutral, they have left the system to procure the local version of CCW (LTCH, etc) alone, or increased the number of people working on them due to the increase in requests. In jurisdictions where the officials are leaning or blatantly anti, they inhibit the process any way they can. Doesn't matter what the LAW is, it could be one person (department head, manager, elected official, etc) that can cause THEIR agenda to happen...
    N38 19' 56.52" W85 45' 8.56"
    Semper Gumby
    Ethics are what we do when no one else is looking.

I received my SC permit toward the end of January. It took 89 days from the date they cashed my check. Have not heard of the time pushing out but I guess it is possible.

You need to contact your state senator and let them know that SLED is violating the law. They have 90 days to either not approve your permit or send you one.....

If I violated the law, they would come and arrest me. If they do it, I guess it's okay?

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    You need to contact your state senator and let them know that SLED is violating the law. They have 90 days to either not approve your permit or send you one.....

If I violated the law, they would come and arrest me. If they do it, I guess it's okay?
    I was told last saturday during my CWP class at Allen Arms that they are so backed up at SLED because they laid off one of the people that process the applications. They now have ONE lady doing ALL the work! Hence the 120!! I will be contacting SLED and every politician near a phone and /or computer tomorrow am. I thought that was the case. You would think with all the money they are making from as many people are taking CWP classes they could hire at least one more person! I'll keep posting on the progress! Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by mrlarry View Post
    I was told last saturday during my CWP class at Allen Arms that they are so backed up at SLED because they laid off one of the people that process the applications. They now have ONE lady doing ALL the work! Hence the 120!! I will be contacting SLED and every politician near a phone and /or computer tomorrow am. I thought that was the case. You would think with all the money they are making from as many people are taking CWP classes they could hire at least one more person! I'll keep posting on the progress! Cheers!
    I just took the CWP class at Allen Arms the past 2 nights and was of course told the same thing. I'll be making some calls as well. Let the day count begin!
    "An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life."
    -- Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon, 1942

Jim DeMint just got an email... I'll keep y'all posted if I find out anything.

9. Dont worry. SLED isnt that far behind. Mine came yesterday. 91 days from the day they cashed the check. My wife got hers last week. 91 days from the day they cashed the check.

It probably wont matter for those contacting DeMint but I bet if you complain enough they'll just make it a 120 day or 180 day wait for the permit.

Just let it be. They will get you your permit.
    Kel Tec Freak & 2A Activist
    Grass Roots Gun Rights SC

But at least they are issuing permits!

Which is better to wait 120 days so that one lady can get it done or to piss of the legislators who can then decide they can SAVE THE SALARY of that one lady by just stopping issuing permits altogether?

Somehow you think they care about your permit??

Remember, if you demand an answer to a question NOW, that answer will ALWAYS be NO!

I am willing to wait. I just have questions, that's all. I am definately not backing anyone in a corner and demanding anything. I am only questioning the issue of the law saying one thing, and the program not staying within those guidelines. Only questions... not demands. A concerned citizen if you will. I believe that when laws, amendments, or anything of that nature are written they should be followed to the letter. Otherwise, what's the use of writting them in the first place?

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast