SC CWP Class - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: SC CWP Class

Thanks for the info and encouragement! I need to remember this is a test of me simply being accurate.....not a contest with the other people taking the class.

BTW...nice shooting. What were you shooting when you took the test?

Both the shooting and written tests are very easy, in fact if someone can't pass them I really don't want to be around them while they are carrying. I was in one class with two older ladies that between the two of them hit the target three time out of the 100 shots. Now I don't want to deny them the right but they need a lot more practice before they walk down main street with a gun. If they start shooting your best defense is to be right in front hoping they aim for you.

Unfortunately, with todays ammo situation the shooting test

is a waste of good ammo. I took mine 4.5 years ago and it was fun but I got bored two thirds of the way through the shooting.

It is an easy test - but I think any reason to go out and shoot is a good reason... I am thinking about changing up my routine shooting, and only loading 5 rounds into the mag like we did for the test - Keeps me from the temptation of just blowing through a whole magazine. :)
    My Website: Nerd with a .45

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    is a waste of good ammo. I took mine 4.5 years ago and it was fun but I got bored two thirds of the way through the shooting.

I didn't count but 24 holes in that paper. How di you pass with only a 24 out of 50?

Quote Originally Posted by FN1910 View Post
    I didn't count but 24 holes in that paper. How di you pass with only a 24 out of 50?
    Ha! Looks like he qualified with a scatter gun!

Well, finally got done today. Passed both shooting and written tests. They are very easy.

I scored a 100% but still didn't get as tight a grouping as I hoped for. I knew when I pulled the 4 shots in the left part of the #8 area. Guy beside me was shooting a .45 and I got hit with his brass on each of those. I don't think anyone else had a tighter group. On everyone else, the instructor was marking the holes with a white grease pencil and counting them. On mine, he just looked at it and wrote 100%.
    Last edited by ipchay61; 04-04-2009 at 07:47 PM. Reason: add text

Allen Arms has become my home away from home! I took the Saturday class. Long, but the instructor was awesome! Great shooting on your test! One of my friends got his CWP in less than 2 months! There is hope!

I agree. Allen Arms is a nice facility. It's getting awful crowded though. Any where else to shoot in the area...inside or out?

It's crowded on the weekends - weeknights are not too bad

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast