Upcoming Gun Shows - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Upcoming Gun Shows

I actually had to think about this one for a night.

Don't take this the wrong way but I have a problem with LEO's being able to carry every where and regular citizens not being able to. I've actually in the past considered becoming a State constable to get around this, but because I thought it would be hypercritical as well as too time consuming, so far I've passed. Even though I think you should have been allowed to carry in the gun show, I think the management was in their rights to say no.

With all that said, the letter from Mike Kent is just plain insulting and bad form and disgust me beyond measure. Now I know why I've never taken the time to go to a Land of Lakes show and probably never will.

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post

Don't take this the wrong way but I have a problem with LEO's being able to carry every where and regular citizens not being able to. I've actually in the past considered becoming a State constable to get around this, but because I thought it would be hypercritical as well as too time consuming, so far I've passed. Even though I think you should have been allowed to carry in the gun show, I think the management was in their rights to say no.

With all that said, the letter from Mike Kent is just plain insulting and bad form and disgust me beyond measure. Now I know why I've never taken the time to go to a Land of Lakes show and probably never will.
    I agree with blume357 in that it is the right of the management to enact whatever policies they want to enact, but his email was insulting, degrading, and way out of line.

I have a question and may just not understand. I also went to the show saturday and saw no proper sign against carrying concealed, all I saw was a sign that said no loaded guns. So how is we're not allowed to carry into this show? Is it because it is at the fair grounds, or is there a law about gun shows that forbids it?

all guns shows I've been to are this way. Too many folks bringing in loaded weapons to show and sell and the chance of somebody doing something stupid.... it has happened before and is a law suit for sure. Anyone with half a lick of sense that is concealed carrying knows not to handle their gun in public.

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post

Not to be insulting either but I agree with blume357 and thought about that situation myself.

I don't think LEOs should be above the law to carry everywhere when CWP holders cannot.
    Just as you felt unjust in not have you carry, I feel the same way without mine.
    The letter from Mike Kent is distasteful and arrogant, sounds like there is a chip.

I do feel that all LEO should promote and support CWP holders and the public's 2A rights and vice-versa.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12