Officer kills 77 year old hunter ... Anyone heard any updates of this story?

Thread: Officer kills 77 year old hunter ... Anyone heard any updates of this story?

Officer kills 77 year old hunter ... Anyone heard any updates of this story?

SalisburyPost.com - Area - Former Rowan County wildlife officer shoots, kills hunter

I was wondering if anyone has heard of any updates to this story? There is something that is just not right about this whole story.

I read a few articles on it but no details and nothing to really make a judgement on. However seeing as how it was on his own land, was 77 years old and probably owned it for many years I can imagine what was going on when the rabbit sheriff tried to charge him with baiting turkeys.

As a friend of mine was telling me the other day about trying to keep people from hunting on his land the ones he has trouble with are the young and old ones. The middle age folks understand private property and game laws but the others don't. A very sad situation.

This is the first that I've heard of this. Not much info in the article and leaves many unanswered questions.
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787