Fl CWP and SC CWP - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 28

Thread: Fl CWP and SC CWP

  1. #11
    If you have a Florida Permit (non resident or resident) you can carry in GA.... You can only get a non resident N.H. permit if you already have a permit from your resident state, like S.C.

    I still say if you have property and pay taxes on it in S.C. then you should get the S.C. permit. One of the more important reasons would be to take a CWP class and learn the laws in S.C. which are different than FL, GA, NH and every where else.

  2.   
  3. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Иєш Лєяжşєşŧăŋ
    Posts
    1,084
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    I still say if you have property and pay taxes on it in S.C. then you should get the S.C. permit.
    Which begs a question... I have property in SC and pay taxes there . . . when I apply for a SC Permit (I'm hoping to get down to take the class in September), do I apply for the Res permit, or the Non-Res? Seems like I'd apply for the Non-Res, but the wording of the instructions makes it a little confusing.
    NRA Life; GOA Life; CCRKBA Life; Trustee, NJCSD; F&AM: 32 & KT
    The Only Answer to a Bad Guy with a Gun - Is a Good Guy with a Gun!
    When Seconds Count...The Police are only MINUTES Away!

  4. #13
    [QUOTE=Bob;74440]I currently have two residences, one in Florida and one in
    Myrtle Beach South Carolina. I know that FL and SC have reciprocity agreements
    but I'd like to have a CWP from both States. My CWP from Florida is current so
    my question is can I get a SC CWP without giving up my FL CWP and have both?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    If you pay taxes on the MB property, then you can get a SC permit. Go to the SLED
    website and download the form. It has to be signed off by the tax office in MB, and
    you have to take the SC class. Kind of a waste of money/time when we finally got
    SLED to get reciprocity...

    Howard
    NRA Life Member, NRA Firearms Instructor, Range Safety Officer
    SC CWP Instructor
    GrassRoots GunRights SC - the only choice for SC

  5. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by wingman883 View Post
    Question, In which state do you hold a valid DL? You can't hold both a SCDL and a FLDL. Since you already have a Fl cwp I'm assuming that that is where your DL is. Can you see the hassle you will get handing a LEO a SC resident permit and a FL. DL. Just a thought. However I'm with FL1910 why would you want to do that? Plus you can't get a resident permit without a SCDL.
    ---------------------------------------------

    Actually - no problem. Reciprocity is recognized and accepted by the LE community. The new non-resident permit allows for anyone owning property & paying taxes on it in SC to get a SC permit. Again, not [U]necessary[U] since we have reciprocity, and I see no real benefit but that's not my call...

    Howard
    NRA Life Member, NRA Firearms Instructor, Range Safety Officer
    SC CWP Instructor
    GrassRoots GunRights SC - the only choice for SC

  6. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Ektarr View Post
    Which begs a question... I have property in SC and pay taxes there . . . when I apply for a SC Permit (I'm hoping to get down to take the class in September), do I apply for the Res permit, or the Non-Res? Seems like I'd apply for the Non-Res, but the wording of the instructions makes it a little confusing.
    -------------------------------------------

    The form is the same (new one on SLED website, fill it in on-line and print it).
    If you have any other questions, PM me and I'll go over the process.

    Howard
    [email protected]
    NRA Life Member, NRA Firearms Instructor, Range Safety Officer
    SC CWP Instructor
    GrassRoots GunRights SC - the only choice for SC

  7. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    If you have a Florida Permit (non resident or resident) you can carry in GA.... You can only get a non resident N.H. permit if you already have a permit from your resident state, like S.C.

    I still say if you have property and pay taxes on it in S.C. then you should get the S.C. permit. One of the more important reasons would be to take a CWP class and learn the laws in S.C. which are different than FL, GA, NH and every where else.
    -------------------------------------------------
    To meet the requirements of 23-31-210, the applicant must certify that he/she has taken a class which
    includes
    "... information on the statutory and case law of this State relating to handguns and to the use of deadly force; "

    seems to me that about the only way to fill this requirement is to take the SC class... but that said, I'm working
    w/ SLED on a determination of just what must entail.

    Howard
    NRA Life Member, NRA Firearms Instructor, Range Safety Officer
    SC CWP Instructor
    GrassRoots GunRights SC - the only choice for SC

  8. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggressive1 View Post
    I don't mean to highjack the thread, but I am curious about the FL and SC permits. I am about 80 days in on my SC permit application and I am dissapointed to know that I can't carry in GA. However, if I had the ability to get a non-resident FL permit I would be able to. Am I correct on this? and if I don't own any property or have any proof of residence (except twice a year on a cruise ship out of one of the FL ports ) would I be able to get a FL non-Resident permit?

    If Bob got an SC resident and a FL non-resident he would have a better range of places he could carry.
    ----------------------------------------------
    If you're primary concern is Ga, then a NH permit is the way to go - much cheaper and easier. Last time I checked, NH was $20 and Fl was $117. Might be higher now...

    Howard
    NRA Life Member, NRA Firearms Instructor, Range Safety Officer
    SC CWP Instructor
    GrassRoots GunRights SC - the only choice for SC

  9. #18
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Grand Strand / South Carolina
    Posts
    91
    Thank you. I've printed the application and I'm just waiting on my SC CWP.

    By the way, thank you for all of the detailed SC law information you've been posting up.
    SC CWP
    Kimber Ultra II
    Taurus PT1911 ALR

  10. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by FN1910 View Post
    If you own property in SC you can get an SC non-resident permit and that would not cause any problems with your FL permit. Otherwise I don't know. I can't think of any advantage of having an SC permit in addition to a FL permit. Is there?
    A FL. Permit carries almost 3 times as many states as S.C., including GA. GOOD Enough reason ?

  11. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by hpj3 View Post
    ----------------------------------------------
    If you're primary concern is Ga, then a NH permit is the way to go - much cheaper and easier. Last time I checked, NH was $20 and Fl was $117. Might be higher now...

    Howard
    The NH is now $100. PA is much less and about the same process so look into PA. When mine comes up for renewal I will probably go PA rather then NH.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast