Fl CWP and SC CWP
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 28

Thread: Fl CWP and SC CWP

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Micanopy Florida
    Posts
    36

    Fl CWP and SC CWP

    I currently have two residences, one in Florida and one in
    Myrtle Beach South Carolina. I know that FL and SC have
    reciprocity agreements but I'd like to have a CWP from both
    States. My CWP from Florida is current so my question is
    can I get a SC CWP without giving up my FL CWP and have both?

    Unrelated:
    I went by the Hammer Down Gun Shop in Myrtle Beach last
    week. It's located off the old Waccamaw Blvd down the road
    from Bob Evan's (headed East) it's on the left and on the
    second floor. Nice folks, limited inventory.

    Thank you!

  2.   
  3. #2
    If you own property in SC you can get an SC non-resident permit and that would not cause any problems with your FL permit. Otherwise I don't know. I can't think of any advantage of having an SC permit in addition to a FL permit. Is there?

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Micanopy Florida
    Posts
    36
    Quote Originally Posted by FN1910 View Post
    I can't think of any advantage of having an SC permit in addition to a FL permit. Is there?
    None that I know of FN1910. More of a 'curious' question on my part. Thank you for your reply.
    Best wishes!

  5. #4
    As stated, yes you can. And I would get an S.C. permit. I know in these tough times it's kind of hard to justify but I feel if you live, work or travel in a state then you should have a permit in that state. (throwing aside the whole arguement that you should not need the governments permission in the first place.)

    Here's the reason I would get one.... on the chance you are stopped by an LEO here in S.C. I think an SC permit will cause less questions than a Florida one... it will of course depend on the LEO, but it surely would not hurt.

  6. #5
    Question, In which state do you hold a valid DL? You can't hold both a SCDL and a FLDL. Since you already have a Fl cwp I'm assuming that that is where your DL is. Can you see the hassle you will get handing a LEO a SC resident permit and a FL. DL. Just a thought. However I'm with FL1910 why would you want to do that? Plus you can't get a resident permit without a SCDL.

  7. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Grand Strand / South Carolina
    Posts
    91
    I don't mean to highjack the thread, but I am curious about the FL and SC permits. I am about 80 days in on my SC permit application and I am dissapointed to know that I can't carry in GA. However, if I had the ability to get a non-resident FL permit I would be able to. Am I correct on this? and if I don't own any property or have any proof of residence (except twice a year on a cruise ship out of one of the FL ports ) would I be able to get a FL non-Resident permit?

    If Bob got an SC resident and a FL non-resident he would have a better range of places he could carry.
    SC CWP
    Kimber Ultra II
    Taurus PT1911 ALR

  8. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggressive1 View Post
    I don't mean to highjack the thread, but I am curious about the FL and SC permits. I am about 80 days in on my SC permit application and I am dissapointed to know that I can't carry in GA. However, if I had the ability to get a non-resident FL permit I would be able to. Am I correct on this? and if I don't own any property or have any proof of residence (except twice a year on a cruise ship out of one of the FL ports ) would I be able to get a FL non-Resident permit?

    If Bob got an SC resident and a FL non-resident he would have a better range of places he could carry.
    When you get your SC permit immediately apply for a NH permit. $20 and gives you privleges in GA plus several other states. To add a FL permit it will give you NV and DE in addition to the SC/NH combo.

    Check out this to see what is covered.

    Concealed Carry Permit Reciprocity Maps

    This is the NH permit. Make a copy of your SC DL and CWP, fill out the form send it in along wthe $20 and GA is covered.

    http://www.nh.gov/safety/divisions/n...ts/dssp260.pdf
    Last edited by FN1910; 04-28-2009 at 01:02 PM. Reason: Change MD to DE.

  9. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Grand Strand / South Carolina
    Posts
    91
    THANK YOU!

    The map is where I got the idea of applying to FL. I didn't try to see what other states would help. Its crazy that NH will allow SC and GA will allow NH....but GA won't allow SC directly. Doesn't make much sence, but if its thats easy..I'll gladly send $20 to NH.

    I just wish WI would issue now. My brother is up there and I'd really like to be able to carry there.
    SC CWP
    Kimber Ultra II
    Taurus PT1911 ALR

  10. #9
    Wingman makes a good point. Since FL and SC are reciprocal, just get the FL one. Then also apply for the NH non-resident so you can carry through GA.
    SC CWP
    NH non-res CWP
    NRA Member

  11. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggressive1 View Post
    THANK YOU!

    The map is where I got the idea of applying to FL. I didn't try to see what other states would help. Its crazy that NH will allow SC and GA will allow NH....but GA won't allow SC directly. Doesn't make much sence, but if its thats easy..I'll gladly send $20 to NH.

    I just wish WI would issue now. My brother is up there and I'd really like to be able to carry there.
    GA will honor any state that honor theirs. SC will not honor GA permits because GA does not require any training so the GA-SC reciprocity is a long ways off. This was beat into the ground last legislative session so don't expect it anytime soon without a big change in attitudes.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast