Non-Resident CCW Permit Which One to Get?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Non-Resident CCW Permit Which One to Get?

Non-Resident CCW Permit Which One to Get?

Just wondering which Non-Resident CCW permit would you or did you get? and Why?

Both New Hampshire and Florida look similar, any advantages one over the other?

Will my CCW class completion be accepted by Florida as proof of training?

TIA.

Symtron

added July 29th: I mailed my NH application this morning. Clock is ticking we'll see how long to receive back...
    Last edited by symtron; 07-30-2009 at 08:52 PM. Reason: correct NH mailing date

I only have the NH NR permit. At the time it was only $20 now it's $100. All that's needed to get one is a copy of your SC CWP. It gives me all the states I need to enhance my CWP...GA, AL, and MISS. Those are the main states that I travel to. My NH permit expires next year and even at $100 I'm going to renew it.
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

If you are looking for a cheap fix to the Georgia carry problem look into Centre County PA.... I think it's about $26.

I like to have a non Resident permit for the States I frequent, if they are obtainable. Florida and Virginia are more on my travel list than New Hampshire.

Oh, and yes your S.C. class will work for Florida.... the difficult part is the fingerprint cards... but Florida is really good about sending you everything you need with good instructions.

5. I hear good things about Centre County PA. From what I understand a copy of your current CCP and 26.00 and your good in quite a few states? Anyone know more about it?

Takes about two to three weeks to get....

at least that's the last I heard....

I think that's how long it took to get mine last year.

Quote Originally Posted by trose49 View Post
    I hear good things about Centre County PA. From what I understand a copy of your current CCP and 26.00 and your good in quite a few states? Anyone know more about it?
    Anybody have an address or link for this? Thanks in advance.
    NRA Life; GOA Life; CCRKBA Life; Trustee, NJCSD; F&AM: 32 & KT
    The Only Answer to a Bad Guy with a Gun - Is a Good Guy with a Gun!
    When Seconds Count...The Police are only MINUTES Away!

The link for the application is dead right now but here is the link for them. Centre County Sheriff The application link is this. http://county.centreconnect.org/211.htm Another good page. http://paccw.home.mindspring.com/

The only problem I see is if you need AL and Miss it won't cover them.
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

For those who may have an interest, I sent my non-resident CWP application to Centre County, PA last Saturday morning using my home mail box. I sent the completed application, a copy of my driver's license, a copy of my SC CWP and a personal check for $26. A moment ago I retrieved my PA CWP from my mailbox. The entire process took less than a week! GREAT SERVICE! The permit expires August 4, 2014. My thanks go out to Sheriff Denny Nau!
    Last edited by leopax; 08-07-2009 at 10:29 AM. Reason: spelling of Centre

10. Quote Originally Posted by Red Hat View Post
    I only have the NH NR permit. At the time it was only $20 now it's $100. All that's needed to get one is a copy of your SC CWP. It gives me all the states I need to enhance my CWP...GA, AL, and MISS. Those are the main states that I travel to. My NH permit expires next year and even at $100 I'm going to renew it.
    You might want to consider a Utah NR permit, it will allow you to carry in Alabama and Mississippi and 27 other states, but not SC, which I guess is you home state. It doesn't give you Florida, but does give you Minnesota.
    I took a class here in Illinois by a Utah certified instructor. Cost is about $65 for the permit, good for 5 years and renewal is only $10. I've had a Pa license for several years and is good as Utah in surrounding states, except Ohio. Wisconsin is a concealed carry right denied state and Michigan doesn't honor non-resident permits and Iowa don't accept any other states permit.

I'll have to agree the Centre County Pa folks give great service, are very helpful and courteous in answering questions, still issuing in less than 2 weeks even with more applications.

Centre County CCW Permit Info

Here is a good link to the Centre Co. PA sheriff and the info for the app;lication

Centre County Government: Sheriff: License to Carry Firearm Application

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast