Gun Show law
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gun Show law

Gun Show law

So the Gun show is this weekend, and it's the first one that I'll be going to since getting my CWP. Two questions:

1: Can I carry at the show
    2: Do I tell the police officer at the door that I'm carrying? Technically, aren't I supposed to tell an officer that identifies himself to me that I'm carrying?

Thanks
    My Website: Nerd with a .45

No you can't carry at the show. I unload before I enter and let them put a zip tie on it then holster my carry firearm. As soon as I get to my vehicle I cut the zip tie and load my firearm. It's not law but the policy of SCACA. They do have the proper sign at all doors. I hope to see you there!

Are you a member of the South Carolina Arms Collectors Association? It cost $30 a year and you get into all their shows for free including the ones in Columbia.
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    So the Gun show is this weekend, and it's the first one that I'll be going to since getting my CWP. Two questions:

1: Can I carry at the show
    2: Do I tell the police officer at the door that I'm carrying? Technically, aren't I supposed to tell an officer that identifies himself to me that I'm carrying?

Thanks
    Believe it or not, when I asked at the Ventura California gun show, I was told that I was to declare it at the table going in and show my carry permit and that I would be allowed to carry.
    Maybejim

Life Member NRA
    Life Member CRPA
    Life Member SASS

What you say isn't as important as what the other person hears

If it's your everyday self defense concealed carry, I believe in the words of Bill Clinton, "Don't Ask, Don't Tell", "Just Do It". What people don't know will never hurt or alarm them in any way. Now if you are thinking you might want to handle your gun as in show, sell, trade, that's another story. It then must be secured at the door. Unless there are metal detectors no one will ever know and if some maniac would start shooting people, well I would not want to be one of the "Sheep" and would take my chances in being alive. Like said "better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.
    Good Luck!!!
    John
    http://www.packing4life.com

Some of the doors at the old "palmeto expotition centeer", can't remember what it's called now... something to do with a bank... have a sign on them... others don't... the implication is you can't carry inside and must have your gun unloaded and then a police officer is there to put a pull tie on it to be sure.... but no one has ever frisked me or even asked. With that said, I've never carried in the show... If I ever hear a shot go off in that place my first reaction is going to be to try and dig a 2ft hole in the concrete floor, I have the feeling a whole lot of folks are going to be pulling iron out.

I know it's hypocritical, but the gun show is one of the few places I don't carry and don't feel a need to.

It's called the Carolina First Center but keep referring it to the Carolina Expo Center also.
    I wouldn't carry in there either. I'm sure all the vendors will be armed.
    I plan on going as well so maybe the crowds won't be quite as large as it was in April.

I know I'm new here but I wouldn't mind meeting you all there.

MTee

Thanks for the input y'all - I'll be there Saturday morning - wouldn't mind meeting up with anyone from the board! Anyone that wants to meet up, PM me, and i'll send you my cell #

Danno, I was going to call you today at the Gun Show but I got tied up and forgot.
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

No prob - I didn't get there till noon - was a good turn out huh? I was looking for a Marlin 336, but nobody could beat Academy's pricing... same with the Mossy 500 I'm looking to get too. Guess Academy will be getting my $ :) You find anything?

It was a good turn out. I picked up a Winchester 94 Trapper in 45 long colt and a Kahr PM40. That was enough for the weekend...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast