Concealed Carry in places serving alcohol (bars and restaurants) - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Concealed Carry in places serving alcohol (bars and restaurants)

Quote Originally Posted by SCfromNY View Post
    Years ago it was noticed that there were far too many "bars" in the Bible Belt so all bars in SC were required to serve some sort of food making them a restaurant.
    Private clubs, hotels, and establishments holding a beer and wine licence are not required to serve food. About the only thing more arcane than South Carolina's firearms laws are the laws governing the sale of alcohol.

In Florida with a cc permit, I understand as long as you don't sit "at the bar" it is permissable to carry in a Resturant that serves alcohol.
    I have noticed in other states that carry is prohibited ANYWHERE alcohol is served.
    After reading this thread I still wonder - while not being naive - if ...
    Alcohol and consumption is legal, being in a public place is legal, and with a permit carrying is legal.

Can it be unconstitional to prohibit any of these combinations ?
    ( I mean what about pursuit of happiness ?)
    I'm not talking drunk, but 1 drink maybe ??? Or no drink at all as far as being in a bar/Resturant
    And I don't see impairment of judgement as the answer to this question.

Quote Originally Posted by spike View Post
    In Florida with a cc permit, I understand as long as you don't sit "at the bar" it is permissable to carry in a Resturant that serves alcohol.
    I have noticed in other states that carry is prohibited ANYWHERE alcohol is served.
    After reading this thread I still wonder - while not being naive - if ...
    Alcohol and consumption is legal, being in a public place is legal, and with a permit carrying is legal.

Can it be unconstitional to prohibit any of these combinations ?
    ( I mean what about pursuit of happiness ?)
    I'm not talking drunk, but 1 drink maybe ??? Or no drink at all as far as being in a bar/Resturant
    And I don't see impairment of judgement as the answer to this question.

I believe the same limitation was trying to be addressed in SC, "not sitting at the bar" instead of just places that serve alcohol.

We do have restrictions of operating a firearm under the influence.

I personally think all these restrictions are unconstitutional.
    We should be able to carry concelaed or openly in all places open to the public, whether it is a bar or a church.

If LEO's can carry then Why can't we?!?!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123