Nonresident permit to carry concealed pistol

Thread: Nonresident permit to carry concealed pistol

Nonresident permit to carry concealed pistol

23-7-7.4. Nonresident permit to carry concealed pistol--Validity in South Dakota-- Application. Any valid permit to carry a concealed pistol, issued to a nonresident of South Dakota, is valid in South Dakota according to the terms of its issuance in the state of its issue, but only to the extent that the terms of issuance comply with any appropriate South Dakota statute or promulgated rule. However, if the holder of such a nonresident permit to carry a concealed pistol becomes, at any time, a legal resident of South Dakota, the provisions of this section no longer apply.

I believe what this is saying is that if you are a resident of SD you cannot CCW with a non-res permit, you will have to have a SD permit.
    [B]Μολών Λαβέ

كافر , and proud of it

but who issues the non res permit...SD or any State?
    SC CWP, NR - NH P/R L
    .45 Randall 1911
    .45 Glock 21

The way it was told to me is that SD does not issue non-resident permits, but they honor the permits issued by any other state.
    The more I practice, the 'luckier' I get!

Even if someone becomes a South Dakota resident, they can still open carry until they get a SD permit.

yeah I confirmed with SD yesterday ... they accept all out of State Permits..
    SC CWP, NR - NH P/R L
    .45 Randall 1911
    .45 Glock 21

Quote Originally Posted by 340mopar View Post
    yeah I confirmed with SD yesterday ... they accept all out of State Permits..
    We already established that; however, that recognition is valid only as long as the permit holder does not reside in South Dakota.

yes, I was carifying I understood what was said.
    SC CWP, NR - NH P/R L
    .45 Randall 1911
    .45 Glock 21