Better than money - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Better than money

Tobacco seeds. I got PO'd when they raised the cigarette AND tobacco tax BOTH here two years ago and planted my own tobacco. The wife freaked out a little, all those 8 foot plants in the front yard. But I smoked it in a pipe, rolled my own stogies and still have enough hanging in the garage so I didn't have to plant any this year. Well worth two bucks for the seeds and watering the plants. Anywhere tomatoes will grow, tobacco will grow.

Antique cigar mold I got on ebay for $15. in pic.
    You can run... but you'll just die tired. 3%

I've been wanting tobacco seeds, where did you get them? I've been buying and vacuum sealing, flour, corn meal, baking power, baking soda, lots of salt, grits, coffee, rice in 20# bags all kind of stuff. Been storing items in new galv garbage cans. Bought a book on building a smoke house for smoking fish, bacon what ever. Bought a picture pump to put in a shallow well. Gold could be worthless over night.

Banjo you can find them here. How To Grow Tobacco

wooddoc I never thought of that. I've been telling the local guys (if u know what I mean) we all need to have CB's for when everything else is shut down. But I never gave a thought to that pulse thing happening.

Now I want to know. I was under the impression it only created a surge in systems which were functioning at the time, but that's just an assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by wooddoctor View Post
    Anybody have any Ideals about shielding communication devises from EMP. I was thinking maybe wrapping walkie talkies and a radio with lead. If they blast a nuclear bomb over a city everything will shut down cars, power electricity, etc.

Good thread guys, it could become a reallity since we will no longer be the Big dog.
    I own about 40 antique tube radios, which are not affected by EMPs.

Quote Originally Posted by OldOwl View Post
    (W)e all need to have CB's for when everything else is shut down.
    That's a big 10-4. Anyone who drives extensively on the interstate highways should already have one, IMHO.

I ordered tobacco seed yesterday Virginia Gold. I will will plant it with my tomato's in March. Will have to plant seeds in January. Hydrophonic garden in 4" PVC pipe 100' total.

8. Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    That's a big 10-4. Anyone who drives extensively on the interstate highways should already have one, IMHO.
    G5..... I think the shock wave will destroy the circuit in a CB radio
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it."Frederic Bastia

Not to derail the radio theme. But it just came to mind that UNLIKE the paper money (Federal Reserve Notes) which will be good for toilet paper and fire starting, COINS are not issued by the FR but by our government mint. I suspect they will still hold some value, so I'm keeping a few hundred pounds of them on hand.

OldOwl I've been reading info on that site "how to grow tobacco" and have tried to register with no success, Is this still a good site. I did order tobacco on ebay.

Quote Originally Posted by OldOwl View Post
    Not to derail the radio theme. But it just came to mind that UNLIKE the paper money (Federal Reserve Notes) which will be good for toilet paper and fire starting, COINS are not issued by the FR but by our government mint. I suspect they will still hold some value, so I'm keeping a few hundred pounds of them on hand.
    Doesn't matter, if a currency crashes, it becomes junk, coins or bills. However the scrap metal value of coins will always exist, that's the only diffrence.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast