Sources of meat
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sources of meat

Exclamation Sources of meat

Any fowl is edible but parasites are common...cook completely
    Almost all mammals are edible but in regards to the Possum...I have to be pretty hungry and its gotta be cooked to a crisp to kill all the parasites.
    Fish are another story...not all are edible.
    Snakes edible but potentially dangerous...(must be skinned, gutted and have all venom glands removed on dangerous varieties)
    Turtles, hard to clean...easy to cook
    bugs...Usually a good idea to cook completely (Grubworms that are battered and fried taste like shrimp no kidding and don't ask just know that it was a missionary that taught me that)
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

All common pets can be eaten and there are many. in most areas you have farm animals that won't survive long anyway.

I told my wife that there is a special six shooter to defend my family.

Five shots for anyone who tries to eat my dog, and one last one for when I decide to!

Blog Entries
    Good Morning Festus

"Turtles, hard to clean...easy to cook"
    Nothing better than turtles. I use to cut off their heads and dip in boiling water to remove the skin, and than clean them.
    Now I just cut off the head, cut the body loose around the shell, it will be attached at the base of the tail, use a small hatchet, or cleaver to cut the bone attachment than the body will fold down and you will have one more attachment at the neck area.
    Now remove the innards, skin, and breast plate.
    Cut into pieces at joints and you are done.
    My favorite is to make turtle soup, add water, tomatoes, green beans, peas, corn, cabbage, salt and pepper, simmer all day.
    Remove the turtle meat, let cool, roll in flour, and fry in veg. oil till golden brown.
    All we need now is a little home made bread.
    Some of my other favorites are, coon, beaver, groundhog, crow, geese, rabbits, squirrel, dove, deer, frogs, crawfish, and forget the possom.
    “Every step we take towards making the State our Caretaker of our lives, by that much we move toward making the State our Master.” – Dwight D. Eisenhower

Don't forget... WTSHTF and ITEOTWAWKI

Soylent Green.

But be careful zombies and prisoners probably have AIDS and Hepatitis C
    The people think the Second Amendment protects their rights;
    Government sees an obstacle to be over-come.
    NRA Life since 1966

Just Like Sarah Proudly proclaims in Her book:
    "I always remind people that there's plenty of room for all of Alaska's animals --- Right next to the mashed potatoes."

I don't know about the bug part... Big Bad ***** Marine squeamish about bugs.....
    Semper Fi

I get hungry enough, I'll pretty much eat anything. Fortunately, I have sufficient body fat to hold me for awhile (part of The Plan)

I always snicker at the rubes up here who won't eat rabbit or squirrel. Rabbit or squirrel?!! These are frickin' delicacies back home! Some folks are gonna be mighty hungry if/when the SHTF and they run out of Cheerios.

I have had rabbit but not in a long time From what I can remember it was not bad. Now eating bugs that might be another thing. I might have to become a vegetarian.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Dont go knocking possum,,,LOL,,,rabbits and squirrels are good,coon is a little bit greasy,beaver,well ,,,,,I wont say anything about that,,,I've had my share of crow already,,dont care to eat any more of that. I was raised around enough cajuns that not much is safe when it comes to eating.
    Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what's for dinner. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    I have had rabbit but not in a long time From what I can remember it was not bad. Now eating bugs that might be another thing. I might have to become a vegetarian.
    Timon the meerkat and Pumba the warthog eats bugs, don't they???
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast