ammo availability in a post fan world
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ammo availability in a post fan world

Exclamation ammo availability in a post fan world

This is kinda what I have put together over the years.

In a post fan world, military rounds will be fairly prevalent in the opening days but will probably die off quickly.

Resupply from a blue beanie will most likely be
    5.56 from US and Nato forces. Former slavic forces will be 5.45 russian an 7.62 x 39. African and turkish troops will be 7.62x51 NATO and a lot of G-3 and FN FAL rifles.

Pistol will be almost universally 9mm from NATO and most US forces. 9 MM &40 S&W from most LEOs with a representation of 45 ACP.

12 Ga is the universal donor. Even the spetznaz use it.

Most LMG's are 7.62 X 51 on the Nato side of the house and 7.62 x 54 Russian on the Slavic side of the house.

This is a good source of .308/7.62 NATO ammo for those of us that utilize weapons chambered for such.

Good Luck and good hunting

Remember Post fan is an any thing goes scenario
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

Seems to me if you're in a position to 'acquire' someone's ammo...you're also in a position to acquire their weapon(s). No?
    NRA Life; GOA Life; CCRKBA Life; Trustee, NJCSD; F&AM: 32 & KT
    The Only Answer to a Bad Guy with a Gun - Is a Good Guy with a Gun!
    When Seconds Count...The Police are only MINUTES Away!

Quote Originally Posted by Ektarr View Post
    Seems to me if you're in a position to 'acquire' someone's ammo...you're also in a position to acquire their weapon(s). No?
    I like the way you think, Ektarr

for the uninitiated among you.....

Spetznaz that festus refered to is the soviet special forces. they are equivalent to the green berets and the british/australian S.A.S. the naval spetznaz is similar to our S.E.A.L.s and the S.B.S.
    SOMEBODY SOMEWHERE IS TRAINING TO KILL YOU. WHAT ARE YOU DOING?

Quote Originally Posted by BigSlick View Post
    I like the way you think, Ektarr

Maybe, but then penalty from possessing a "government" issued weapon would probasbly be harsher since they know where it came from. Sort of like getting caught with a dept issued gun lost/stolen from a cop. On the other hand, 5.56 FMJ are just 5.56 FMJ.
    Unless it's a SreallyHTF scenario, not worth the ramifications as cops and militia/peacekeepers will likely be all over stopping everyone.

In the beginning, the patriot is a scarce man -- brave, hated, and scorned. But when his cause succeeds, the timid join him. For then, it costs nothing to be a patriot. -- Mark Twain

My information may be a bit off, but I vaguely recall attampts to confiscate guns when Hurricane Katrina hit the southeast.

Pardon my novice-ness, but is the post fan similar to "without rule of law"?

Exclamation Post fan means no law...no infrastructure

Post fan means no law...no infrastructure...NO choices.

Post fan means that all means of civilization is dead as we know it. You are on your own or in small groups of like minded goal oriented persons trying to rebuild some sort of community infrastructure.
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

For me, I expect to be comfortably sequestered on the South 37 with adequate renewable resources and a commanding field of fire. Call before you come, otherwise...who knows?
    NRA Life; GOA Life; CCRKBA Life; Trustee, NJCSD; F&AM: 32 & KT
    The Only Answer to a Bad Guy with a Gun - Is a Good Guy with a Gun!
    When Seconds Count...The Police are only MINUTES Away!

Quote Originally Posted by RugerP345 View Post
    Maybe, but then penalty from possessing a "government" issued weapon would probasbly be harsher since they know where it came from. Sort of like getting caught with a dept issued gun lost/stolen from a cop. On the other hand, 5.56 FMJ are just 5.56 FMJ.
    Unless it's a SreallyHTF scenario, not worth the ramifications as cops and militia/peacekeepers will likely be all over stopping everyone.

I think the time festus is talking about here there will be a lot more to worry about than the penalty for having a particular gun.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

11. Aquiring ammo might be easier and safer from supply transport than frontline troops. It would likely be more productive to raid a truck load than strip individual corpses of their remaining ammo stocks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast