Personal Readiness - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Personal Readiness

so, the question is.......

what are you going to do about it? what will YOU do to be a asset and not a liability to yourself and /or your team? whatever you decide to do, do quickly.
    SOMEBODY SOMEWHERE IS TRAINING TO KILL YOU. WHAT ARE YOU DOING?

I'd say my biggest problem right now is getting back into better physical condition. Since I retired from Law Enforcement, I've found it easier to sit in my recliner more often. I also work part time doing Gunsmithing, so I sit a lot at a work bench. I used to work out 3 times a week in the weight room and run a mile evryday except Sunday. Nowadays, I run like Old People have sex. Slow and Sloppy.

So I'm vowing to do better. I like putting on a small survival/ hydration pack and a pistol and walking through the woods. I'm going to do that more. I'm going to find a decent gym or get a weight bench and start back to toning up a little bit. Let's face it, survival in a Post SHTF world will require some physical fitness. You can't survive if you can't exert yourself. And I can't imagine myself being subjected to the "New World" after having a heart attack or a stroke. I have the "things" I need, the Knowlege I need. I believe I'm prepared mentally and spiritually. But I need to get back to the physical preparation.
    There's Something Goin' On Here, and it Ain't Funny!!!

+1 1911HB.

While I stay in minimally reasonable shape using a rowing machine and doing pushups and situps, "minimally reasonable" ain't gonna cut it in a SHTF scenario.

I have gained too much weight in my middle years and have resolved to "up the ante" a bit with more challenging workouts and get back to "fighting shape". Age doesn't matter...

Been thinking about this. For me I think it is time to take some basic and or intermediate/advanced self defense weapons classes. The wife too.
    Anyone can PM me if thet don't want to answer here or direct me to another thread.
    This way you can answer honestly in case there might be a negative response about one of the supporters (advertisers) of USA Carry.
    Has anyone been to Front sight or have any first or even second info about it. The Sig Sauer Academy is closest to me. Anyone been there? S&W gives some training..anyone??
    Be very coll but a bit expensive to make it out to Gunsight. Any help apreciated. Meanwhile I will check around for there webpage and look up other schools.
    Thanks all

Quote Originally Posted by CapGun View Post
    Been thinking about this. For me I think it is time to take some basic and or intermediate/advanced self defense weapons classes. The wife too.
    Anyone can PM me if thet don't want to answer here or direct me to another thread.
    This way you can answer honestly in case there might be a negative response about one of the supporters (advertisers) of USA Carry.
    Has anyone been to Front sight or have any first or even second info about it. The Sig Sauer Academy is closest to me. Anyone been there? S&W gives some training..anyone??
    Be very coll but a bit expensive to make it out to Gunsight. Any help apreciated. Meanwhile I will check around for there webpage and look up other schools.
    Thanks all
    Do not have any first had knowledge about this school but have read some articles that have good things to say about it. It is in Georgia.

Rogers Shooting School - Reactive Shooting Training
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Thanks HK. This is the kind of help I am looking for. Bookmarked the site. Read a little and will go over all of their site later. Never heard of it but that doesn't mean a thing. Thanks for pointing it out to me.

Quote Originally Posted by CapGun View Post
    Thanks HK. This is the kind of help I am looking for. Bookmarked the site. Read a little and will go over all of their site later. Never heard of it but that doesn't mean a thing. Thanks for pointing it out to me.
    I think the last article I read on it was either in SWAT or American Handgunner magazine about 2 years ago. Perhaps a google search could turn up the article.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

I am a life member at Frontsight. Excellent school.

hey!!

Quote Originally Posted by 1911 Headbanger View Post
    I'd say my biggest problem right now is getting back into better physical condition. Since I retired from Law Enforcement, I've found it easier to sit in my recliner more often. I also work part time doing Gunsmithing, so I sit a lot at a work bench. I used to work out 3 times a week in the weight room and run a mile evryday except Sunday. Nowadays, I run like Old People have sex. Slow and Sloppy.

So I'm vowing to do better. I like putting on a small survival/ hydration pack and a pistol and walking through the woods. I'm going to do that more. I'm going to find a decent gym or get a weight bench and start back to toning up a little bit. Let's face it, survival in a Post SHTF world will require some physical fitness. You can't survive if you can't exert yourself. And I can't imagine myself being subjected to the "New World" after having a heart attack or a stroke. I have the "things" I need, the Knowlege I need. I believe I'm prepared mentally and spiritually. But I need to get back to the physical preparation.
    you might have a look at L.A.P.D. pre academy workout program. google it for the link. no equipment needed !
    SOMEBODY SOMEWHERE IS TRAINING TO KILL YOU. WHAT ARE YOU DOING?

I just read through all that, it's pretty good.

http://www.joinlapd.com/pdf/LAPD%20F...20Brochure.pdf

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast