Personal Readiness - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Personal Readiness

Been back in the dojang the last several weeks (3 times per week), kicking, punching, pushups, situps, stretching, getting kicked, getting punched. Holy sh#t! Am I sore! But it feels GOOD!

This is meant as encouragement for you other "old dogs". Git 'er done!

Kids....
    Semper Fi

Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    Been back in the dojang the last several weeks (3 times per week), kicking, punching, pushups, situps, stretching, getting kicked, getting punched. Holy sh#t! Am I sore! But it feels GOOD!

This is meant as encouragement for you other "old dogs". Git 'er done!
    O.K. I am going to try and get back to a regular exercise program.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Quote Originally Posted by ricbak View Post
    Kids....
    I know, you just can't take us anywhere. Wait til our roadtrip and I'm sitting in the back seat going: "Are we there yet? Are we there yet? I gotta go to the bathroom!"

I was Already thinking about that... You know Us Old Guys..... Depends...?
    Semper Fi

Made it to the gym. First time in quite a while. Lifted for about an hour. Going to do aerobic work tomorrow. Now if I can just stick with it.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    Made it to the gym. First time in quite a while. Lifted for about an hour. Going to do aerobic work tomorrow. Now if I can just stick with it.
    Now HK, you know better than that! Don't say "if". You can do it. Good thing about doing drywall work, keeps me in pretty good shape .

Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    Attaboy, HK! I figure it this way: your health and maybe your life depends on you sticking to it. Personally, I always get some activity in, so I stay in "reasonable" shape. My problem, tho: eating too much! So, back to eating right and kicking the workouts up a few levels.

O.K. guys no if I can . I will do it. How is that for positive thinking. Yes eating is something I like way to much myself.

At the beginning of the year I was thinking about "New Years Resolutions" and I had this blank moment. Then it hit me.
    I began to think about the Boy Scout motto and how long it had been since I really thought about what it meant. If I had to prevent someone from disarming me how well would I fair? If I needed to get up in the middle of the night to check if that noise was a serious issue, How would I do that so as not to shoot the wife, kids, or the cat? I am self aware so I have to say that these skills need some practice.

I used to attend the Glock Sport-Shoot events here in MA (When Glock was still welcome in MA) with the local police Lt, his nephew, and a good friend of mine who was on the force at the time. The Lt. was a great shot and a good teacher. I miss that now.
    So My local firearms dealer is a State Police officer and tactical trainer. We have spoken about his training sessions. So a long story short. That's my resolve for the year. To become better prepared and have that much more confidence..
    And have fun doing it..

Then the gym thing... I gotta do it... Did it before can do it again...

Great reminder about the other R...
    We have Rights and we also have Responsibility.
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast