Your most important SHTF Clothing - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Your most important SHTF Clothing

wolfhunter Guest
    HK, googled "Poncho GI surplus" and got 523000 results. Most are surplus stores. If you can't find the old style with snaps on the liner, you can modify a new liner with a few dollars worth of snaps.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfhunter View Post
    HK, googled "Poncho GI surplus" and got 523000 results. Most are surplus stores. If you can't find the old style with snaps on the liner, you can modify a new liner with a few dollars worth of snaps.
    Thanks for the info wolfhunter. I will take a look.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Exclamation blackhawk and sears craftsman

Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    Any particular brand, type that you feel is the best?
    blackhawk and sears craftsman...just make sure they have the hard plastic outer shell
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

Quote Originally Posted by festus View Post
    blackhawk and sears craftsman...just make sure they have the hard plastic outer shell
    Thanks.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Most of the older ponchos I've picked up have been on Ebay or Surplus stores. They tend to be a little more rubberized in feel. You can also recoat them with Scotchguard Spray if they seem to be less water resistant. Just keep looking around. I like some of the older military items like the older stainless steel canteen cups and the suspender system for the pistol belt. Works great for carrying one of the old buttpacks, or straping a rolled up poncho and liner in the back of the belt for your weekend survival gear. Yep, older isn't always better, but in this case it is.
    There's Something Goin' On Here, and it Ain't Funny!!!

7. I'm going to make sure I have multiple pairs of good fitting broken in boots. I can make clothes or wear whatever I can find but gotta have good boots.

Quote Originally Posted by Mobuck View Post
    I'm going to make sure I have multiple pairs of good fitting broken in boots. I can make clothes or wear whatever I can find but gotta have good boots.
    That's a good idea. Buy a few pairs of your favorite boots and wear each pair for a few weeks. You don't want to start wearing them if you have to bug out and walk 20 miles or more, or just hump it through the boonies for a mile or two. Your feet will know the difference, and your ability to be on the move will be less painful. Good idea.
    There's Something Goin' On Here, and it Ain't Funny!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 1911 Headbanger View Post
    That's a good idea. Buy a few pairs of your favorite boots and wear each pair for a few weeks. You don't want to start wearing them if you have to bug out and walk 20 miles or more, or just hump it through the boonies for a mile or two. Your feet will know the difference, and your ability to be on the move will be less painful. Good idea.
    And while you are at it make sure you have some mole skin and or mole foam.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12