Your most important SHTF Clothing
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your most important SHTF Clothing

Exclamation Your most important SHTF Clothing

KNEE PADS!!!

The fastest way to leave a fight is to lose your ability to maneuver. If you kneel on something bad, crack your knee or kneel on rocks, You will hurt yourself and lose your ability to move. At this point you are a deadman!

Plan ahead...get some good pads and practice with them when you go shooting!

KEEP MOVING!
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

damn good advice i think i'll have a pair in each vehicle . thanks festus sometimes when you throw pearls before swine they do find a fwe
    molon labe

Wouldn't have thought of this, Festus. Thanks for the tip.

Now that's a statement to make ...

"When the SHTF, I plan to be down on my knees" ...

Won't they be surprised WHY!

511 tactical has some exelent clothing, i have a set of there digital camo. they come with elbow and knee pads that install in the sleves and knee's of the pants. i also ordered there operator belt that had a d-ring type buckel and velcro adjustment and has a stiffener in the belt and is extra heavy stiching.

Quote Originally Posted by 2beararms View Post
    Now that's a statement to make ...

"When the SHTF, I plan to be down on my knees" ...

Won't they be surprised WHY!
    When that time comes I may spend a lot of time on my knees. Praying that is. Also on one knee might be a good shooting position. Yes for my old knees pads would most likely be in order. Good idea festus. Thanks.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Knee pads is not a bad idea. My top SHTF Clothing items are Military Ponchos with snap in insulated liners. I like the older style like the original Vietnam era and later into the 80's era ponchos. They have a insulated liner that snaps in under the poncho, with a hole to put your head through. Not like the newer ones that are basically a blanket that you can tie into the poncho, but no hole to put your head through, so you can't wear the liner. The older ones are Very warm. Blocks the rain, the wind and insulates well. You can sleep in it if you have to. A real Military Poncho and liner can be worn or with a plastic sheet or tarp can make a decent shelter. During the cold weather of deer season, I wear mine and sit on a cushion and lean back against a tree. It's like a ready made blind, and keeps you warm.

Even if you don't have one of the older ones, you can wear the new ponchos in cold weather, over your coat or cold weather wear. It blocks wind, and allows your jacket to keep you warmer. If you wear it open and unsnapped, you can wear it draped over your pack and the rifle you are holding, to protect them from rain.
    There's Something Goin' On Here, and it Ain't Funny!!!

wolfhunter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911 Headbanger View Post
    Knee pads is not a bad idea. My top SHTF Clothing items are Military Ponchos with snap in insulated liners. I like the older style like the original Vietnam era and later into the 80's era ponchos. They have a insulated liner that snaps in under the poncho, with a hole to put your head through. Not like the newer ones that are basically a blanket that you can tie into the poncho, but no hole to put your head through, so you can't wear the liner. The older ones are Very warm. Blocks the rain, the wind and insulates well. You can sleep in it if you have to. A real Military Poncho and liner can be worn or with a plastic sheet or tarp can make a decent shelter. During the cold weather of deer season, I wear mine and sit on a cushion and lean back against a tree. It's like a ready made blind, and keeps you warm.

Even if you don't have one of the older ones, you can wear the new ponchos in cold weather, over your coat or cold weather wear. It blocks wind, and allows your jacket to keep you warmer. If you wear it open and unsnapped, you can wear it draped over your pack and the rifle you are holding, to protect them from rain.
    The poncho also works at breaking up a human silhouette in low light conditions. Drape a sheet over it for snow camo.

How hard is it to find the older poncho and liner in good shape?
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Quote Originally Posted by festus View Post
    KNEE PADS!!!

The fastest way to leave a fight is to lose your ability to maneuver. If you kneel on something bad, crack your knee or kneel on rocks, You will hurt yourself and lose your ability to move. At this point you are a deadman!

Plan ahead...get some good pads and practice with them when you go shooting!

KEEP MOVING!
    Any particular brand, type that you feel is the best?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast