How fast can you and your gear make it out? - Page 3
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How fast can you and your gear make it out?

Quote Originally Posted by CapGun View Post
    Such a novice at this. Not going to try to figure this out. Just going with my first guess and hope someone will edumacate me!
    BOB..would that be Bug out bag? BOV= Bug out vehicle? OK no laughing. Just help out the "challenged"
    I think BOB = Bug out Bag and BOV = Bug out Vest (but could be bug out vehicle), in any case I just think "survival pack". There are several threads on contents, but it is always a work in progress.

This is my basics at the moment:

IN BUG OUT BAG (fairly small backpack)

Outer Side Pocket

Pocket Axe with assorted folding tools
    Folding Knife with serrated blade
    Scandinavian Knife in plastic sheath
    Signal strobe/ flashlight
    High intensity windproof butane lighter
    Flint/steel fire-starter
    “dry tinder” fire starter pack

Center lower outer pocket

Pocket fishing rod
    Reel for rod
    Spool fishing line
    Three (3) auto fishing contraptions
    Assorted hooks and sinkers

Upper center outside pocket

Leather Driving Gloves
    First Aid Kit

Inside Pack

MSR mini-works Water Purification Device (WPD)
    Bottle for WPD
    Assorted water-treatment tabs
    Mosquito netting
    Shirt- T-shirt and hat
    Folding brush saw
    Folding shovel/pick
    US Henry .22 survival rifle / scope
    500 rounds .22 ammo

There's lots of good comments here for just about every type of emergency.
    Thanks for the details of your pack, Bear!

Quote Originally Posted by festus View Post
    Look at the world today and gather yourself a little ditty bag of stuff you'll need in the event of total infrastructure failure.
    I am well aware festus. I was just trying to keep up with the acronyms and initials.
    Thanks for looking out for me though.
    Where I live I think it is a place that others would consider being in if tshtf as they say.

Thanks 2bear. Appreciate the help. Like I said, where I am I think is a good place not to have to run from. With all you have at the ready just come to my place and all can be used within walking distance!

I have a couple bags now but I have been thinking about a vest like the following that has small packs attached to the back of it. If I can catch this one on sell sometime I might try this. Looks like a pretty good way to go but a little pricey. Then again you get what you pay for or at least some of the time.

BLACKHAWK! D.O.A.V. Assault Vest System - BLACKHAWK!
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Thanks 2bear. Appreciate the help. Like I said, where I am I think is a good place not to have to run from. With all you have at the ready just come to my place and all can be used within walking distance!
    If a person does not have to bug out then of course that would be best. Having a go bag, shtf bag bug out bag or what ever one wants to call it is just a good idea in case you have to go to plan B.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

I agree HK, Thanks.

Ah! Another small town Pennsylvanian, I presume?
    I was having the same thought on not needing to run, in most circumstances.

I start looking at what has happened in the real world in the past month and suddenly realize that "bugging out" may be getting from inside to the front yard.

The souls lost in an instant to Mother Nature really makes you stop and think.

Quote Originally Posted by 2beararms View Post
    I start looking at what has happened in the real world in the past month and suddenly realize that "bugging out" may be getting from inside to the front yard.

The souls lost in an instant to Mother Nature really makes you stop and think.
    I rely on Father God to keep me safe from mother nature.
    Avidshooter (Texas)
    "The real destroyer of the liberties of the people is he who spreads among them bounties, donations and benefits." -- Plutarch

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast