How fast can you and your gear make it out? - Page 5
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: How fast can you and your gear make it out?

ewwww...!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mappow View Post
    Anybody have any input on MRE's. Last time I check, you can get a 30 day supply for about $ 200.00. Haven't bought any yet but figured the wife and I could split one daily if the need arises. If you vacume seal the whole case and keep them in moderate temps they'll store for about 10 years.
    wouldn't hurt to have some i guess, but they are for the most part nasty. some of the desserts are ok, and they will just about shut down your colon. i have a wife and kids so instant oatmeal is good. and inexpensive. just keep them dry until ready to use. i have eaten some dry. make sure you have COFFEE.
    SOMEBODY SOMEWHERE IS TRAINING TO KILL YOU. WHAT ARE YOU DOING?

Exclamation Time to re-look this thread

The original challenge still stands. Can you grab your gear...bug out bag/bug out vest, your goto rifle/shotgun your goto pistol and get it out the door in less than a minute?

How fast can you and your gear make it out?

That's right...HOW FAST?

Here is the drill. Starting from a sitting position at the kitchen table (as if you were having dinner or coffee) GO GO GO...Grab your gun, BOB/VEST, ammo and make it out the door and be ready to go. How long did it take? Did it take more than one trip? Did you struggle?

Here is what works for me:

Grab and don vest
    Grab and holster Pistol
    Grab ammo can
    Grab Rifle
    Walk calmly to door and egress building/structure

My out the door time is way less than 1 minute.

I still have one hand free for a pelican case with my other stuff!

Are you a minute man? Can you get it out the door in a minutes notice?

This may be a valuable skill in the foreseeable future.

!!!THIS IS YOUR SURVIVAL SKILL CHALLENGE!!!

DON'T BE A NANCY...GET IT DONE
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

wolfhunter Guest
    Loaded Vest, Pistol, Rifle, Ammo can and Duffle Bag = 55 seconds out the door for me

Pistol, Rifle, Ammo can and Duffle Bag = 60 seconds out the door for wife

It's all about staging the equipment properly. We used to run reaction drills where we had to be out of the barracks and over-looking a compound 3 miles away in 10 minutes. Getting 13 Jarheads awake, geared up, armed and down the road makes for a FUN 0220 in an Alaska February.

WOW!
    My priorities are MUCH different than yours...

I don't want to forget things like toilet paper, dog leash & treats, and let's not piss mama off and forget the lounge chairs!

Oh, yeah, I'm not paranoid...
    When we 'Bug Out' it's for weekend camping trips, or 4x4/trail rides.

We are more interested in actually DOING than planning for the end of the world!

Takes us between one and two hours to pack and account for everything for a VERY comfortable weekend in the brush...
    Bug spray, soft, DRY toilet paper, tarps for rain/sun protection over the camp site, stuff like that.

I see TONS of guys selling this or that, packing/planning for the end of the world, but I've seen the JUNK they want to 'Survive' with, and I wouldn't use that gimmick crap for a weekend, and I darn sure wouldn't bet my life on it!

While you are 'Planning', why not actually spend a weekend more than 20 miles from home, and more than 20 miles from the local convenience store.

We have 'Camp In A Box', all the stuff we need for cooking over fire, propane lanterns, extra fuel, folding table, cordage, nails & hammer, what ever we need for building a 'Camp'...

We have 'Tent In A Bag', ground sheet, extra tent poles, tie downs, rain fly, foul weather tarp/tie down for REALLY BIG weather, ect.
    We include stuff like LED lights for inside the tent, door mat for boots/gear outside the tent entrance you you don't have to wear muddy/dirty boots inside the tent, ect.

We have 'Bed In A Bag',
    Large shoulder bag, with bedding, covers, pillows, ect. which can be vacuumed down or air squeezed out to make it water proof and a very compact package.
    We usually have an extra bedding pouch along so if the stuff gets wet/dirty, we don't have to sleep in crud.

I put my base cloths (underwear/dry socks/handkerchief), daily medications, and anything else I might need daily in freezer type vacuum bags so they don't get damp,
    Rip one open every morning, I have fresh, dry cloths, medications, ect. without ANY chance of them getting wet/dirty before I need them.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

You can plan for the end of the world till your brain falls out,
    You can buy every gadget and fad item that comes along,

But until you actually go out and practice 'Bush Craft' and 'Camp Craft', you are just sitting in the bathtub farting and calling it a 'Whirlpool'!

Exclamation What if...

Quote Originally Posted by AR Hammer View Post
    WOW!
    My priorities are MUCH different than yours...

I don't want to forget things like toilet paper, dog leash & treats, and let's not piss mama off and forget the lounge chairs!

Oh, yeah, I'm not paranoid...
    When we 'Bug Out' it's for weekend camping trips, or 4x4/trail rides.

We are more interested in actually DOING than planning for the end of the world!

Takes us between one and two hours to pack and account for everything for a VERY comfortable weekend in the brush...
    Bug spray, soft, DRY toilet paper, tarps for rain/sun protection over the camp site, stuff like that.

I see TONS of guys selling this or that, packing/planning for the end of the world, but I've seen the JUNK they want to 'Survive' with, and I wouldn't use that gimmick crap for a weekend, and I darn sure wouldn't bet my life on it!

While you are 'Planning', why not actually spend a weekend more than 20 miles from home, and more than 20 miles from the local convenience store.

We have 'Camp In A Box', all the stuff we need for cooking over fire, propane lanterns, extra fuel, folding table, cordage, nails & hammer, what ever we need for building a 'Camp'...

We have 'Tent In A Bag', ground sheet, extra tent poles, tie downs, rain fly, foul weather tarp/tie down for REALLY BIG weather, ect.
    We include stuff like LED lights for inside the tent, door mat for boots/gear outside the tent entrance you you don't have to wear muddy/dirty boots inside the tent, ect.

We have 'Bed In A Bag',
    Large shoulder bag, with bedding, covers, pillows, ect. which can be vacuumed down or air squeezed out to make it water proof and a very compact package.
    We usually have an extra bedding pouch along so if the stuff gets wet/dirty, we don't have to sleep in crud.

I put my base cloths (underwear/dry socks/handkerchief), daily medications, and anything else I might need daily in freezer type vacuum bags so they don't get damp,
    Rip one open every morning, I have fresh, dry cloths, medications, ect. without ANY chance of them getting wet/dirty before I need them.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

You can plan for the end of the world till your brain falls out,
    You can buy every gadget and fad item that comes along,

But until you actually go out and practice 'Bush Craft' and 'Camp Craft', you are just sitting in the bathtub farting and calling it a 'Whirlpool'!
    There are a million reasons to stay! but...what if you really had to go? Could you do it? I know you are a combat veteran...The question is not whether you will stay...but...CAN YOU GET ON MY READY LINE IN ONE MINUTE?...MOVE IT...LET'S GO...GET ON MY READY LINE...
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

wolfhunter Guest
    I practice what I plan.
    Yes, it's nice to ave all the goodies so your camping trip rivals a stay at the Hilton, but if you had to, could you grab the essentials and be out the door in time? If you did get out, would you be able to live 2 days without your wife's lounge chairs?

Try dropping off in the woods with whatever is on your person at this moment and surviving a month, or even a week.

If there's enough warning, I've got the camp box and all that to live VERY well. Load up and go in 2 hours. That's simple.

Festus posed a "what if" scenario and answers like AR's just demonstrate a refusal to prepare.

Exclamation Become a minute man face the challenge

All right all you slackers who are armchair quarterbacking every tactical situation that comes along...here is a chance to redeem yourselves. Rise up and meet this challenge!

The original challenge still stands. Can you grab your gear...bug out bag/bug out vest, your goto rifle/shotgun your goto pistol and get it out the door in less than a minute?

How fast can you and your gear make it out?

That's right...HOW FAST?

Here is the drill. Starting from a sitting position at the kitchen table (as if you were having dinner or coffee) GO GO GO...Grab your gun, BOB/VEST, ammo and make it out the door and be ready to go. How long did it take? Did it take more than one trip? Did you struggle?

Here is what works for me:

Grab and don vest
    Grab and holster Pistol
    Grab ammo can
    Grab Rifle
    Walk calmly to door and egress building/structure

My out the door time is way less than 1 minute.

I still have one hand free for a pelican case with my other stuff!

Are you a minute man? Can you get it out the door in a minutes notice?

This may be a valuable skill in the foreseeable future.

!!!THIS IS YOUR SURVIVAL SKILL CHALLENGE!!!

DON'T BE A NANCY...GET IT DONE

GET ON MY READY LINE MOVE...MOVE...MOVE LET'S GO HURRY UP GIRL'S THE COMMIES DON'T LIKE WAITING
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

I think I will inventory my stuff this weekend and consolidate it again so that I can get what I need and get out quickly. I need to work on this. My main problem is to narrow down the gear from what I would like to have with me if I had plenty of time to what I must have if I need to leave quickly. Also I need to make sure my wife knows what to get and where it is if we are not together when the balloon goes up. Thanks festus for the reminder.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

I have most things packed and ready to go, and don't take this as a smart a$$ question, but once you are out the door, where do you go? I really don't have a clue where to go, or where it would be safe to go. I assume the roads would be blocked with check points, National Guard's everywhere checking vehicles for guns, ammo, along with GOD KNOWS WHAT ELSE! I live in the city and providing I could drive to a remote spot (which I doubt) Then what? Do I shoot on sight anything and everything that could be a threat to me? It is good to be prepared, but what are we preparing for.....Answers welcome.

Still waiting on answers..........

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast