How fast can you and your gear make it out? - Page 9
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: How fast can you and your gear make it out?

Quote Originally Posted by festus View Post
    Guns have been outlawed by the libs, Riots are breaking out in the streets and martial law is being declared.

And the enemy is at your door step. Why would anyone want to be out that fast? Because that may be all the time you have.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Festus your bob set up is making you a target for the guys with the guns, radios and cars. How long is a single guy going to hold off the unwashed masses on the street? They might only have rocks, clubs and bottles but if there's enough you will have to reload. For my location what you are describing isn't going to happen.

4. Quote Originally Posted by cksh8me View Post
    Festus your bob set up is making you a target for the guys with the guns, radios and cars. How long is a single guy going to hold off the unwashed masses on the street? They might only have rocks, clubs and bottles but if there's enough you will have to reload. For my location what you are describing isn't going to happen.
    I'd be interested to hear why you think a bug-out bag makes someone a target for "the guys with the guns, radios and cars."

I carry a GHB (get-home bag) in each of my vehicles all the time. The only time I've been a target of law enforcement (I'm assuming you're referring to law enfocement when you say 'guys with the guns ...') is when I went over the speed limit. I certainly wasn't targeted becuase I had a few supplies in my vehicle.

Quote Originally Posted by Mudinyeri View Post
    I'd be interested to hear why you think a bug-out bag makes someone a target for "the guys with the guns, radios and cars."

I carry a GHB (get-home bag) in each of my vehicles all the time. The only time I've been a target of law enforcement (I'm assuming you're referring to law enfocement when you say 'guys with the guns ...') is when I went over the speed limit. I certainly wasn't targeted becuase I had a few supplies in my vehicle.
    Here is what Festus is packing out the door:

Here is what works for me:

Grab and don vest
    Grab and holster Pistol
    Grab ammo can
    Grab Rifle

I don't know maybe this is everyday attire for your neighborhood but not mine. You are bugging out because the unwashed masses are coming and are burning everything is site. Martial law has been declared. If I'm a cop or NG or whatever a guy with guns, vest etc are going to get special attention.

6. Quote Originally Posted by cksh8me View Post
    Here is what Festus is packing out the door:

Here is what works for me:

Grab and don vest
    Grab and holster Pistol
    Grab ammo can
    Grab Rifle

I don't know maybe this is everyday attire for your neighborhood but not mine. You are bugging out because the unwashed masses are coming and are burning everything is site. Martial law has been declared. If I'm a cop or NG or whatever a guy with guns, vest etc are going to get special attention.

But we were talking about a bag ... not a vest, visible guns, etc.

But we were talking about a bag ... not a vest, visible guns, etc.
    I quoted his original post where he grabs and dons his vest. ( I added the pack from other reading.) You've just walked out of your house in the middle of some kind of problem and you have on a visible tac vest with a rifle sticking out of one end or slung or carried, and a pistol perhaps showing maybe not.

Minimum rifle length requirements by law in CA make it pretty hard to conceal the rifle he grabs walking out the door. He's holstering his pistol which could go either way he has it exposed on his vest or zippered up in a pocket.

In My neighborhood walking down the street with a 22 pound vest and rifle is going to draw attention.

Both from the unwashed masses and the LEO.

8. Quote Originally Posted by cksh8me View Post
    I quoted his original post where he grabs and dons his vest. ( I added the pack from other reading.) You've just walked out of your house in the middle of some kind of problem and you have on a visible tac vest with a rifle sticking out of one end or slung or carried, and a pistol perhaps showing maybe not.

Minimum rifle length requirements by law in CA make it pretty hard to conceal the rifle he grabs walking out the door. He's holstering his pistol which could go either way he has it exposed on his vest or zippered up in a pocket.

In My neighborhood walking down the street with a 22 pound vest and rifle is going to draw attention.

Both from the unwashed masses and the LEO.
    OK, I see you were including more in his "setup" than just his bag. I thought you were just talking about a backpack.

When I did my test, I grabbed my vest but didn't put it on. I grabbed a battle rifle and shotgun but put them in my truck before I opened the garage door. I don't think any of that would garner any additional attention.

Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    Perhaps as long as you have a garage and park in it. If you leave it out side You may end up with your vehicle and all your bug out stuff gone. The one and only time my wife ever left her gun in the car and the car out side was for about 45 min. one night while we were cleaning the garage. Someone managed to break in and steal her gun.
    Here's hoping I don't live in your area! I mean, 45 minutes is a short time, and we all have made an error or more in our lifetimes. Sad world......

OK, I see you were including more in his "setup" than just his bag. I thought you were just talking about a backpack.

When I did my test, I grabbed my vest but didn't put it on. I grabbed a battle rifle and shotgun but put them in my truck before I opened the garage door. I don't think any of that would garner any additional attention.
    If I'm going in my truck all I need to grab would be my keys. No additional BOB needed it's already there right down to my okie credit card.

If its that important,im grabbing whatever gun is beside me,which is most likely my Benelli.I have shells and slugs in my truck,and ammo for the 1911s on my belt.In that case,its only taking about 10 seconds from my kitchen to my truck.
    I Love Nicki Minaj

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast