How fast can you and your gear make it out?
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How fast can you and your gear make it out?

Exclamation How fast can you and your gear make it out?

That's right...HOW FAST?

Here is the drill. Starting from a sitting position at the kitchen table (as if you were having dinner or coffee) GO GO GO...Grab your gun, BOB/VEST, ammo and make it out the door and be ready to go. How long did it take? Did it take more than one trip? Did you struggle?

Here is what works for me:

Grab and don vest
    Grab and holster Pistol
    Grab ammo can
    Grab Rifle
    Walk calmly to door and egress building/structure

My out the door time is way less than 1 minute.

I still have one hand free for a pelican case with my other stuff!

Are you a minute man? Can you get it out the door in a minutes notice?

This may be a valuable skill in the foreseeable future.

!!!THIS IS YOUR SURVIVAL SKILL CHALLENGE!!!

DON'T BE A NANCY...GET IT DONE
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

I don't see your BOB in your list.

I need to get up, walk to the bedroom closet, put on my tactical vest, reach to the left and grab my gunbelt that has holster for pistol with tactical light, extra mags, automatic knife, OC, flashlite and a pair of cuffs. Grab the pistol with tactical light from the safe next to the bed and put in holster. Walk toward door through second room grab BOB backpack that has all the survival gear in it along with a US Henry .22 survival rifle. Grab the "rope bag" that contains a whole array of rope and attachers along with extra ammo. Add a rifle if desired and out the door.

what do you guys/gals think?

i was thinking that i need to have our stuff already prepositioned in vehicle. in addition to the vehicle emergency kit.
    SOMEBODY SOMEWHERE IS TRAINING TO KILL YOU. WHAT ARE YOU DOING?

Great angle! I'll get this figured out and post my results...I guess I need to get off my A$$ and focus on getting my ducks in a row. My BOB is only half done.

Thanks for the kick in the head.

RH

Quote Originally Posted by boris View Post
    i was thinking that i need to have our stuff already prepositioned in vehicle. in addition to the vehicle emergency kit.

Perhaps as long as you have a garage and park in it. If you leave it out side You may end up with your vehicle and all your bug out stuff gone. The one and only time my wife ever left her gun in the car and the car out side was for about 45 min. one night while we were cleaning the garage. Someone managed to break in and steal her gun.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Very good thread!!

Quote Originally Posted by festus View Post

That's right...HOW FAST?

Here is the drill. Starting from a sitting position at the kitchen table (as if you were having dinner or coffee) GO GO GO...Grab your gun, BOB/VEST, ammo and make it out the door and be ready to go. How long did it take? Did it take more than one trip? Did you struggle?

Here is what works for me:

Grab and don vest
    Grab and holster Pistol
    Grab ammo can
    Grab Rifle
    Walk calmly to door and egress building/structure

My out the door time is way less than 1 minute.

I still have one hand free for a pelican case with my other stuff!

Are you a minute man? Can you get it out the door in a minutes notice?

This may be a valuable skill in the foreseeable future.

!!!THIS IS YOUR SURVIVAL SKILL CHALLENGE!!!

DON'T BE A NANCY...GET IT DONE
    I remember during my Airforce bootcamp that everyone prepared everything during the night before.

We showered at night before lights out.
    We set up our BDUs so when we awoke at the sound of Revelile, we were outside, lined up (locked, cocked & ready to rock) and ready to sing the Airforce Song, in under 5 minutes!! My boots even had speed laces!

If its good enough for the armed service? It's definitely good for me!

Exclamation My vest is my bob.

Quote Originally Posted by 2beararms View Post
    I don't see your BOB in your list.

I need to get up, walk to the bedroom closet, put on my tactical vest, reach to the left and grab my gunbelt that has holster for pistol with tactical light, extra mags, automatic knife, OC, flashlite and a pair of cuffs. Grab the pistol with tactical light from the safe next to the bed and put in holster. Walk toward door through second room grab BOB backpack that has all the survival gear in it along with a US Henry .22 survival rifle. Grab the "rope bag" that contains a whole array of rope and attachers along with extra ammo. Add a rifle if desired and out the door.
    I use a survival vest instead of a BOB. It holds just as much and doesn't kill my back. It has 22 pounds of gear not including pistol and pistol mags. Every thing I need from my training is in it. http://www.alpharubicon.com/prepinfo...estsfestus.htm I have more extreme weather stuff loaded in the BOV.

BTW my out ther door time walking through this exercise is 42 seconds.

My youngest son (14) got his gear, his rifle and his ammo can out the door in 59 seconds.

NOW GET OFF YOUR DUFF AND DO IT.
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

hmmm.....

Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    Perhaps as long as you have a garage and park in it. If you leave it out side You may end up with your vehicle and all your bug out stuff gone. The one and only time my wife ever left her gun in the car and the car out side was for about 45 min. one night while we were cleaning the garage. Someone managed to break in and steal her gun.
    i remember you telling me about this. i need to go through the kits again anyway. i really need a new vest. the one i have is nearly 20 yrs old. still in good shape though. the vest .... not me...

i bookmarked the article.

Quote Originally Posted by festus View Post
    I use a survival vest instead of a BOB. It holds just as much and doesn't kill my back. It has 22 pounds of gear not including pistol and pistol mags. Every thing I need from my training is in it. Survival Vests 101 I have more extreme weather stuff loaded in the BOV.

BTW my out ther door time walking through this exercise is 42 seconds.

My youngest son (14) got his gear, his rifle and his ammo can out the door in 59 seconds.

NOW GET OFF YOUR DUFF AND DO IT.
    i have a autistic son so it will take me longer.

Exclamation Planning is the key to execution

Hang the vest/bob in your closet.
    Store your ammo in a convenient format such as an ammo can
    Keep your goto rifle in the same place all the time.
    Plan the quickest route past all these items with out doubling back.

I you can't get it in one trip...YOU DON"T NEED IT.

BUGGING OUT MEANS YOU ARE IN A RACE FOR YOUR LIFE!!!
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast