Can you sleep anywhere? - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Can you sleep anywhere?

handgonnetoter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911 Headbanger View Post
    I've gotten a little bit spoiled over the years of not having to sleep in bad places for quite a while. My Tempur-pedic on my California King Bed has spoiled me. After I retired in L/E, I drove an 18 wheeler cross country for a while. Had a good bunk in the sleeper. Hauled alot of frozen and chilled food, so the reefer unit on the trailer was always on and off. Idling the truck to stay warm or cool was the norm. I slept on a tour bus for many nights touring with a band, but had a decent bunk there too. Just had to get used to rolling down the road while you sleep.

Other than that, camping had been about the roughest I've had it for several years now. Sleeping bag on the ground with a ground pad or air mattress. I guess if I get tired enough and put enough padding on the ground under my tarp and skeeter net, I'll be able to sleep. Probably for only short periods though.
    Me too! I enjoy being comfy, and dog gone proud of it.

I sure as hell can sleep anywhere. Im with the Michigan ARNG since doing our Annual Training, Ive been able to sleep with noise, rain, mosquitoes, hard uncomfortable ground, without a pillow, or a substitute. I guess I could sleep anywhere. Shoot, I hardly use a pillow anymore, I just lay my head underneath them, and fall asleep. Heh, not to hard when you get use to it.
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier....One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.

wolfhunter Guest
    Let me amend my earlier post.

I can sleep anywhere my wife lets me.

Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    Here's a twist I thought of:

The S has HTF and you're gonna be on the move and roughing it. Along with a lot of other issues, rest and sleep are important.

Can you get good rest and sleep while NOT in your 4-poster temper posture-pedic bed? I've heard it said that marines can sleep anywhere/anytime. Don't know about that firsthand, but I did prospect for a long time in a 1% "outlaw" MC. Wasn't too long before I could just about sleep anywhere. When I was told to get some rest, all I needed was the corner of the floor in some old clubhouse and my leather jacket for a pillow. No problem at all.

Some of us ought to get off the bed sometime and try the floor.

What do you think?
    I've slept while on a C17 going into Afghanistan packed in, with literaly NO room to move b/c of tiny seats and wearing IBA, 40 pounds of gear in a bag on your lap, with your rifle between your legs, and the guy next to you in the same shape. Oh, and it's about 90 degrees onboard... but you feel hotter with all the sh!t you have on.

Yeah, I can sleep anywhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    [*]Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.
    Operation Veterans Relief: http://www.opvr.org/home.html

6. It sure does make you appreciate your bed. Although I can sleep any where. I feel asleep in the hot tub a couple times does that count.
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it."Frederic Bastia

Quote Originally Posted by 91JEEPYJ View Post
    I do a lot of camping in all kinds of weather and different terrains from the mountains to the desert. I've had a tent collapse on me due to the weight of the snow that fell overnight. I'd think I can sleep just about anywhere and over the years I've discovered what works and what doesn't (that silly 3 season tent among other things), what will get me by and what needs to be dependable.

After reading a thread that Festus had started about how long it takes you to get out of the house in a bug out situation, I've decided to leave the Jeep packed with the heavier things that can be locked in the storage compartments and reorganize the garage. I've always had a pack with the essentials (handgun, water with filter, fire, an MRE, basic medical supplies and signaling equipment) ready to go at a moments notice. It started out just being what I grabbed when I go to the desert to do some shooting for the day. If that's all I had to rely on I think I'd be ok for a week or three (stretching it).

Keep more (heavier) supplies in the Jeep, check. Tent, bed roll, lots of water, food and fuel all by the garage door, check. Rifles, pistols, cleaning supplies , and ammo can in closet by the bob, check.

Am I forgetting anything?
    Your wife and kids...and the family dog???
    (Sorry...my brain is on vacation..I just gotta say that...)
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

When the SHTF, I plan on finding an abandoned mansion and claimming it as Wliiy world. inground pool, Hot tub.... Thats the life for me.... Oh yea, I plan on scavinging the empty bars and grabbing all of the Booze I can find left...So Big party at Willy world and your all invited!!!!!!!!!!! Bring a dish and your hardwear just incase the zombis decide to crash............

Actually post apocalyps, I plan on running for president....Vote for Wild eyed Willy for president!!!!
    Keep your paws off my Carrots and my guns
    My rules to live by Never trust a squirrel, never french kiss an ardvark and never bring Jumbo hotdogs to a nudist colony barbcue.

Quote Originally Posted by wooddoctor View Post
    It sure does make you appreciate your bed. Although I can sleep any where. I feel asleep in the hot tub a couple times does that count.
    This seems very unsafe, lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    [*]Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.
    Operation Veterans Relief: http://www.opvr.org/home.html

I can sleep in the back of a moving M109A3. I can also distinguish incoming and out going artillery in my sleep ( or I could back in the day).

So, yeah I'm good
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Blog Entries
    I agree with HardCorps53. Semper Fi! Yes, I too, spent a lovely time at 29 Stumps.
    Quote Originally Posted by HardCorps53 View Post
    I too have slept on C-130's and C-141's. Add CH-53's to that list (see my user name and avatar).

I agree with all of the above. Probably the most uncomfortable thing I've slept on is a row of 55 gallon drums in 29 Palms - kept me off the ground, away from scorpions and rattlers. The rings around the top of the barrels hurt like hell when I woke up, but I got 3 hours of quality sleep.

Semper Fi
    Last edited by gnsmithAndy; 12-14-2011 at 02:40 AM. Reason: post before done

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast