Survival vest 101
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Survival vest 101

Exclamation Survival vest 101

Hi All,
    I have a survival vest article posted on www.alpharubicon.com in the preparedness info section called SURVIVAL VEST 101. I developed this vest and load-out for Search and rescue, hunting, bugging out and now it seems escaping hords of the undead. (Dang Zombies!)
    Enjoy! and please provide feedback. It is how we can make our field craft better.

http://www.alpharubicon.com/prepinfo...estsfestus.htm

hi, festus!

i am familiar with the article. i have it in my favs folder under emergency preps. this is excellent, as it is similar to my own. i use a SAS vest i bought several years ago. i have a small first aid kit, food, tube tent, survival manual, bullets, water purification tabs, etc. i need to update it though just a little bit.

This is some good info,Festus.Thanks for sharing it.I read the article and looked at the pics.It appears to be the 'basic' tactical vest,am I right?
    Centerfire Systems has tactical vests for about $40 and I am seriously considering getting one each for me and my sun.
    Give everybody guns.
    Natural selection will cull out the idiots.

Hd A Idea....

hey, what do y'all think of using those chi-com designed magazine carriers, lookslike suspenders with mag poucheson them? for folks who re strappedfor bucks{ and who ain't?!** this might could really help. as Han Solo once said" Chewie, little help is better than none!!"

I think a vest is a good idea. I have a couple, one from Woolrich and a Sas vest like Boris. I also have a "battle bag" from Blackhawk loaded up. We need to have things ready just in case needed. When something happens is not the time to start looking and thinking what we need.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

you bet..

right on, HK!!!

8. I use a vest in the pic

I have a universal vest with magazines for all of my pistols, handcuffs, knives, flashlights, smoke, etc. If you have an encounter you dont want to run through the house grabbing all of your stuff from closets, drawers, etc. Get one of these vests and have it ready. If you get into a serious situation you will have everything at your fingertips. May be a little cooky but it is certainly practical for a bad situation. Think about it!!
    Browning Buckmark .22LR
    Sig .25
    Walther PPK/S .380
    S&W 3913 9mm
    S&W M&P 40C
    S&W Mod 629 44 Mag
    S&W 500 Mag

I've got a bug out bag for all the members of my family--even the wee ones. Festus ya just gave me one more fun thing to do and spend my kids inheirentence on.

Survival vest 101 RE:

I am glad the vest works for some of you. Other good choices are photographers vests, high quality fishing vests or some of the military surplus survival vests. It is important to be able to use the stuff that is in the vest, and it is also important that any battery gadgets use a common battery as much as possible. That way batteries can be cannibolized from item to item depending on needs. Be prepared to be comm-out and dark in the event EMP or power grid failure. I can have the vest, ammo and be out the door in less than 30 seconds (I don't run). I have one for each member of the family customized for the needs of each shooter and a heavy medic load out for my wife. I like the piece of mind that comes from being prepared.
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

another thing i do...

i also try to keep a kit in my vehicles. food water ammo blankets dynamo powered radio/flashlight/cellphone "Q" gadget. can use the vehicle as shelter if need to....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast