What is your Number One SHTF Gun? - Page 9
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: What is your Number One SHTF Gun?

1. Bushmaster/Armalite carbine with the mid length hand guards

Glock 23

S&W 12 ga shotgun

Quote Originally Posted by gunnerbob View Post
    If I could ONLY take one long gun and one pistol... assuming enough ammo to go along? And these are items I already have?

Mossberg 500 12ga 18" w/ pistol grip M4 stock & Taurus PT1911 AR .45
    I gotta throw in my Rossi 851 .38 Special too!
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    [*]Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.
    Operation Veterans Relief: http://www.opvr.org/home.html

4. If we can only take one of each, I'm going to make two assumptions: 1.) We can carry only two due to limited space/transport ability. 2.) We are talking about guns we currently possess.

Long Gun: My Mini-14. It's fairly accurate, extremely reliable, and uses bullets that are stockpiled by the billions by our military. Eventually some of those stockpiles are going to find their way into civilian hands post-shtf. And I can carry lots of the fairly light ammo in the meantime.

Handgun: My Glock 19, for the EXACT same reasons above.

...and a lot of Kleenex for the tears I'll shed on leaving the others behind.

Quote Originally Posted by EastOkHotRod View Post
    If we can only take one of each, I'm going to make two assumptions: 1.) We can carry only two due to limited space/transport ability. 2.) We are talking about guns we currently possess.

Long Gun: My Mini-14. It's fairly accurate, extremely reliable, and uses bullets that are stockpiled by the billions by our military. Eventually some of those stockpiles are going to find their way into civilian hands post-shtf. And I can carry lots of the fairly light ammo in the meantime.

Handgun: My Glock 19, for the EXACT same reasons above.

...and a lot of Kleenex for the tears I'll shed on leaving the others behind.

Agreed, if I have to leave the rest of my guns behind I plan on burying them in containers somewhere I'll remember always and away from other people.
    [*]Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.

Sig 556 if I owned one, MP-7 if I owned one, Remington 870 shotgun if I owned one, 45 if I owned one and shift to ranch hideout if I owned one.

Detroit 45 acp Guest
    SCAR 17 and my FNP 45 15+1 of 45acp not to mention the 308 stopping power close or distance!!!!!! You be the judge .....

How much was that SCAR 17?

Smile

MY choices are many and I like the bury /hide my others for later use if back in the area sometime.
    Would have to be my S&W 686 and the Marlin Scoped 1894c both of which are .357 One calibur gives me more of the same ammo to carry. Lots of bang for the buck and have taken many a deer with the marlin.

^^^I've got a Marlin 1894 .44mag, great weapon!

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit 45 acp View Post
    SCAR 17 and my FNP 45 15+1 of 45acp not to mention the 308 stopping power close or distance!!!!!! You be the judge .....
    I've got the 45 just trying to save up a little more and I will be ordering the 16s. I can't wait! Hopefully here in a month or so
    Be cool and eat fruit!

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast