Preparedness Library - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Preparedness Library

OK. Quick Tutorial on this link,
    I don't want to Hijack this thread.

I will add to that thread as I have time to kill... So check in on it now and then if you have an interest.

LINK: http://www.usacarry.com/forums/survi...tml#post145811

Quote Originally Posted by AR Hammer View Post
    OK. Quick Tutorial on this link,
    I don't want to Hijack this thread.

I will add to that thread as I have time to kill... So check in on it now and then if you have an interest.

LINK: http://www.usacarry.com/forums/survi...tml#post145811
    Thx man !

You can PM me links, too, if you want.

i can vouch for it!!

Quote Originally Posted by jibbster View Post
    You guys should check out Scribd ..I have found everything from technical (IT) manuals to SHTF info and Military FMs out there....very cool source, free downloads.
    it is a great site. got gardening,medical, WWII manuals of all kinds, just join and get busy downloading. get a flashdrive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    SOMEBODY SOMEWHERE IS TRAINING TO KILL YOU. WHAT ARE YOU DOING?

This stuff needs to be in your head before SHTF, otherwise, there's not going to be any time to get it in there.

A good foundation in chemistry also might be good to have. There's some things that you just can't buy at any gun show.
    Silent Running, by Mike and the Mechanics

Books on how to live off grid/conserve power are good ideas. Also might want a copy of "The Good Booze Recipie and Cookbook." Durring the racially motivated terrorist uprizing in Los Angeles that occurred after the first "Rodney King" verdict, one of the comman targets for the terrorists to destroy were liquor stores due to all of the flamable liquid inside.

I have quite a few books some on how to build Smoke House's and the old ways of doing things.

8. I have a few shelves of hard copy prep-type books on various skills. Most of it picked up as used books at the local library book sale
    The bulk of my prep reference stuff is in digits form, kept on a thumbdrive and built up over the past few years as I have shared the collection with others and they've sent along their own collections to add to my own. I know the arguments about EMP and how anything electronic would be junk. I figure theres just as many scenarios where its better to have the information available and organized should I need to reference it

I have a fairly good reference library of stuff in digital form, but I am revisiting the question of which things to have in hardcopy.

I think I have defense covered, and communications, but I have a need for a better first aid book and one on trapping
    small animals (including what to look for - like disease or parasites - that might mean you don't want to eat that one).

10. Quote Originally Posted by Mestral View Post
    I have a fairly good reference library of stuff in digital form, but I am revisiting the question of which things to have in hardcopy.

I think I have defense covered, and communications, but I have a need for a better first aid book and one on trapping
    small animals (including what to look for - like disease or parasites - that might mean you don't want to eat that one).
    For first aid topics I would say that your best bet is to stick to basic first aid.
    More than likely that's the level of gear you would actually have
    Your basic military medical first aid texts would likely suffice for that
    I don't trap and don't plan to trap because I am situated in a small village without a good locale for that.
    My hard copy books run the gamut of skills, whether it be gardening, home repair, carpentry, stone work, NBC, weapons, etc

One of these days I'll have to do a list of those books so I actually know what I have or holes I have in the collection.
    Previous to my recent move a lot of them were in cold storage or spread over several bookcases.
    I used the move to consolidate my various types of books into distinct locations in the house
    Guess that's a good project for the winter months.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12