Preparedness Library
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Preparedness Library

wolfhunter Guest

Preparedness Library

We all know to stockpile food, water, fuel, ammo, etc. but do we have a reference library? Do we plan on surviving based on what we remember? Will we be able to "pull ourselves up" after a SHTF situation knocks us down?

My library includes:
    MCRP 3-01A, FM 3-05, FM 3-11-4, 3-25.26, FM 5-31, FM 5-103, FM 7-1, FM 7-8, FM 7-15, FM 20-3, FM 21-76, FM 21-76-1, FM 23-10, FM 31-70, FM 90-40, How to Survive The End Of The World As We Know It, the set of Complete Handyman Do-it-Yourself encyclopedias, Food Remedies, Green Pharmacy, and miscellaneous books on Hunting strategies, food plot techniques, etc.

We're going to have a lot on our minds, let's have reference materials handy.

I have a number of survival books, a book on food storage called Stocking UP 111, Back To Basics, a number of different how to books, first aid books and others of this kind. I also have most of the old American Survival Guide magazines as well as a number of Backwoods Home magazine.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Exclamation Awesome Library Wolfhunter!

Mine has a lot of the same plus digital copies of about 60ish Military field manuals from Special Forces Medic to Canadian Sniper Sustainment training.

You definitely have me beat on the how to manuals and handy man guides.
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

wolfhunter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by festus View Post
    Mine has a lot of the same plus digital copies of about 60ish Military field manuals from Special Forces Medic to Canadian Sniper Sustainment training.

You definitely have me beat on the how to manuals and handy man guides.
    I picked up three volumes of the Handyman encyclopedia, one of which was the TOC for the set, at a yard sale. My wife kept looking at the interesting topics and found the set on ebay. The Field Manuals started out as .pdfs that got printed out. Most of the others came from book club discount orders.

wolfhunter Guest
    It's not a book, but here's a good reference tool: Relief Central | Free Mobile + Web Resource for Relief Workers

The CIA World Factbook, Field Operations Guide, and selected Medline Journals, all in one resource.

There's an app available for Android, Blackberry, Palm and iPhones also.

You guys should check out Scribd ..I have found everything from technical (IT) manuals to SHTF info and Military FMs out there....very cool source, free downloads.

Mine is tilted slightly differently.

Lots of reloading,
    Lots of food preparation and preservation,
    Lots of books on local wild edibles,
    Lots of books on gardening, gathering, hunting,
    Lots of water collection, purification, plumbing,
    Lots of technical manuals for fixing things, machining parts, repairing vehicles, repairing farm equipment, test procedures, ect.
    Several books on distilling alcohol, bio diesel, essential oils, making your own bleach, ammonia, refining salts and sodas,
    Making soap, and other household staples I currently buy,
    Since I can makes some pretty potent acids, books on leather tanning, metal etching, use and storage of chemicals that would otherwise be 'Dangerous'...
    Lots of volumes on electrical and electronics, welding, solar power, rewinding/repairing electric motors, turning electric motors into generators, building simple radios and electrical devices like welders and EDM units (Electric Discharge Machining), stuff like that.
    Volumes on building test equipment, test fixtures, jigs to build things...

Just stuff to keep my contraptions/farm equipment working and coming up with something else I don't really need!

I would think for the SHTF type guys, hard copies would be better than digital, since an EMP/Full On Cyber Attack, breakdown of the web would erase everything...
    Or make it difficult to access.
    Something as simple as a dead batteries leave you without your information...

I like paper copies since I can carry them to the shop, read on the crapper, draw in my designs and notes as I'm reading/working...
    I'm 'Old School' and fingering the page is important to me.

Quote Originally Posted by AR Hammer View Post
    Lots of volumes on electrical and electronics, welding, solar power, rewinding/repairing electric motors, turning electric motors into generators, building simple radios and electrical devices like welders and EDM units (Electric Discharge Machining), stuff like that.
    This is where I wish I could learn more and get some stronger skills...

Want some basics? I mess with this stuff every day.

Quote Originally Posted by AR Hammer View Post
    Want some basics? I mess with this stuff every day.
    That would be great!! I tinkered a lot as a teenager with electronics stuff, but those skills have perished in the 25+ years since then

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast