American Survival Guide Magazine
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: American Survival Guide Magazine

American Survival Guide Magazine

Some of you may remember the magazine American Survival Guide. It has been out of print for a few years now. Boris had ask me if I knew which issue had the article "Thoughts on the 38 Special". If any of you have any information on this article or how to find out let us know. I have quite a few copies of the magazine but have not been able to track it down.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

I remember this mag... too bad its gone now..

Sorry I cant help though... wish I did still have some of them

It's now "MODERN SURVIVAL MAGAZINE" and you can get it here. http://www.modernsurvival.net/ You may be able to get a back issue or article from them. Hope this helps.

Maybe not. After looking over the site I see it's an online magazine now.
    Last edited by Red Hat; 04-15-2008 at 10:43 PM.
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

5. Cool Nice to be a member! Hoooah!

Let me introduce myself. 4th generation Army Vet. Former member of The Old Guard, hence the moniker. Avid follower, and newly rededicated to the survial of my family, and the AAmerican way of LIFE. Not this crap Obama and his Administration is trying to pass on.

As to your request for back issues of SG and ASG, I have 10 years (1980-90) of back issues (+/- 20 issues). Unfortunately they are in storage, and I have to get them out.I hope to find time to scan them all in digitally. MAy take time, may run out of time! But I'll let you know when it gets done.

GBA
    God Bless America
    Man Preserves Freedom

Duke

Quote Originally Posted by oldguardduke74 View Post
    I hope to find time to scan them all in digitally. MAy take time, may run out of time! But I'll let you know when it gets done.

That would be great if you could scan them. I would be interested in a copy of them, once you get them done, and if you are willing to share

7. Thumbs up I'll get them done as soon as humanly possible!

I will be glad to set up a website or something to share with all interested. It's hard to have the information, and no one is learing from it. I assume the search for existing digital copies has been exhausted? OK! Give me a few months we're talking 100 magazines of at least 60 pages each. I'm probably deconstructing them and scanning in whole pages. Wish me luck. Donations will will be graciously accepted.

Keep an eye on the news.More and more info is being disemminated on the only channel who knows before the Gov't what's going on. You know who I mean.

My son, a civilian contractor for a gov't contractor in the sandbox, sent me an email the other day, saying he was building a compound. He's starting to see the truth about the economy, and the gov't ineptness of keeping this country solvent,and safe. So a 5th generation Army, 3 tour Vet, of both A & I, and law enforcement candidate, tells ME he's unprepared, I see my preaching has not been a waste. Pass on the info to everyone who will listen. Looks like we may be going back to the "WILD WILD WEST!"

GBA

Duke

welcome,duke!!!

Quote Originally Posted by oldguardduke74 View Post
    I will be glad to set up a website or something to share with all interested. It's hard to have the information, and no one is learing from it. I assume the search for existing digital copies has been exhausted? OK! Give me a few months we're talking 100 magazines of at least 60 pages each. I'm probably deconstructing them and scanning in whole pages. Wish me luck. Donations will will be graciously accepted.

Keep an eye on the news.More and more info is being disemminated on the only channel who knows before the Gov't what's going on. You know who I mean.

My son, a civilian contractor for a gov't contractor in the sandbox, sent me an email the other day, saying he was building a compound. He's starting to see the truth about the economy, and the gov't ineptness of keeping this country solvent,and safe. So a 5th generation Army, 3 tour Vet, of both A & I, and law enforcement candidate, tells ME he's unprepared, I see my preaching has not been a waste. Pass on the info to everyone who will listen. Looks like we may be going back to the "WILD WILD WEST!"

GBA

Duke
    don't think it will be the wild wild west. it will be more wild and more woolly than anything jim west or artemus gordon ever dealt with!!
    SOMEBODY SOMEWHERE IS TRAINING TO KILL YOU. WHAT ARE YOU DOING?

9. American Survival Guide

I just finished cataloging my nearly 6 years of ASG with over 1,200 articles.

'Thoughts on the .38 Special' was in the September 1995 issue.

I just found the post as I was looking for more information on ASG.

Cheaper Than Dirt does have some old issues online in their library section.
    http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/Libra...FW000000036275

10. Quote Originally Posted by oldguardduke74 View Post
    Let me introduce myself. 4th generation Army Vet. Former member of The Old Guard, hence the moniker. Avid follower, and newly rededicated to the survial of my family, and the AAmerican way of LIFE. Not this crap Obama and his Administration is trying to pass on.

As to your request for back issues of SG and ASG, I have 10 years (1980-90) of back issues (+/- 20 issues). Unfortunately they are in storage, and I have to get them out.I hope to find time to scan them all in digitally. MAy take time, may run out of time! But I'll let you know when it gets done.

GBA
    God Bless America
    Man Preserves Freedom

Duke
    I know this is an old thread, but I am in the process of scanning in my personal collection of back issues and wondered if you finished your project and might have some issues that I am no longer in possession of.
    The issues I have are the older issues that are on the Steves pages website and the following:
    Volume 12
    Numbers 8,9
    Volume 13
    Numbers 1,
    Volume 14
    Numbers 2,4,5,7,8,12
    Volume 15
    Numbers 1,2,4,5,7,9,10,
    Volume 16
    Numbers 1,2,3,4,5,7,8,9,10,11,12
    Volume 17
    Numbers 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12
    Volume 18
    Volume 19
    Numbers 1,2,4,6,7 ( address labels start here ),8,9,10,11,12
    Volume 20
    Volume 21
    Numbers 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10.11,12
    Volume 22
    Numbers 1,2,3,4,5,6, 7,8, 9

Then the transition to “Self reliance Journal”
    Volume 22
    Numbers 10,11,12
    Volume 23
    Numbers

Practical Survival
    Feb/march 1992, Aug /Sept 1992, Oct/ Nov 1992
    If you or anyone else can help me out, many thanks in advance.

If anyone else would like copies of stuff, let me know.
    I've got about 40 GB of stuff

11. I've seen issues of ASG on ebay. I used to have years worth. Unfortunately got rid of them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast