Bug out meds - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bug out meds

When I was a young 'un,my Dady told me about using sugar to get a serious wound to clot and stop bleeding.
    I've seen it work.
    Give everybody guns.
    Natural selection will cull out the idiots.

3. Super Glue! Works great for cuts...even fairly big ones if they don't gap open too wide. The stuff we use in the ER is essentially fancy Super Glue.
    "Though defensive violence will always be 'a sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." St. Augustine A.D. 354-430

-LP

What about expiration dates on the meds? At what point do they need to be rotated out? I have some old stuff in mine, and most of the pill types are consolidated in one container so I don't even know what expiration dates were on them. Any suggestions/ideas/information?

expiration dates

You will need to dosome homework. Temperature and humidity are the two biggest factors in meds breaking down. If in doubt throw it out. Don't poison yourself.
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

Quote Originally Posted by mom of 3 angels View Post
    What about expiration dates on the meds? At what point do they need to be rotated out? I have some old stuff in mine, and most of the pill types are consolidated in one container so I don't even know what expiration dates were on them. Any suggestions/ideas/information?
    How long have you had them. Most meds last about 2 years. I know it's difficult, but it's never a good idea put meds in something that does not have at least the name, expiration date, and lot number. Also preferably something with directions for appropriate use. If you have only tablets at this time there is no way to track the expiration dates. Most meds won't actually hurt anything if they have expired, they just may not work. On the other hand, some will make you quite sick if they have expired. I would discard them and start over. Perhaps use little packs of travel meds, or find something that will seal and put a piece of paper with the important info on the outside of the pack.
    David

The only person available to protect you 24 hours a day is you.

Thanks for the helpful info guys. I'll be reworking the meds . . . I try to check the packs every 6 months or so and rotate out clothes for the kids, etc, but hadn't thought much about the meds. They'll go on the check/rotate list for when I'm going through the packs from now on. Thanks again!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12