Future Scenario - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Future Scenario

1. Some civilizations have fallen because they put their faith into a technology that failed them in the long run. With as much as today's civilization relies on computer data and satellite communications, what would happen if this data suddenly was destroyed? I am not talking computer virus or man made EMP pulse, which is scary in it's own sense, but a geomagnetic storm. Yes they happen and yes if one was powerful enough when it hit earth life as we know it would change drastically. It would probably create the domino effect and bring much of the modern world into the dark ages. We just had a near miss earlier this month. Oh, and there will be extra electromagnetic activity in 2012-2013. Maybe those incas did know something?

Cme Near Miss Sept 8th, 2010 C3-class Flare

Geomagnetic storm - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Upcoming Collapse

The original question was, what will it look like and when will it come. Interesting enough both of the scenarios I am going to write about were already discussed in this forum.

I just finished reading two excellent books that kind of look at that future. One was "One Second After" by William R. Forstchen. The premise is EMP disruption.

The second book was "Patriots: Surviving the ucoming collapse" by James W Rawles.

Recommend both for your reading and enlightenment. Especially the second as it has survival tips.
    Doc Swickard

Where do you normally find these types of books?

5. Quote Originally Posted by OUTTAHERE View Post
    IMO, IF civil unrest does come about, it will be not to political turmoil but from an economic collapse. When people that are already stressed out from unemployment or underemployment and they have lost their home or are about too wake up to either hyper-inflation or a devalued dollar that makes your net worth one half of what it was the day before, then people are going to get into a real pissy mood and may want to take it out on "someone". What would most likely be the tipping point would be food shortages. Nothing will strike fear into the hearts of people than empty shelves at the store! I am not as afraid of this scenario as I am of hyper-inflation which will ruin is in several ways. I'd say that 85-90% of Americans are not mentally prepared for an economic collapse and the following problems that it will bring. However, I'm most afraid of the erosion of our liberties and freedoms at the hands of our own government.
    Most Americans have not awakened to the fact that all of this has been brought upon us by our elected officials, people that we have voted for over and over again and left them in place to wreak havoc on our
    political and economic system. I keep hearing people say "when the Republicans get back into control everything will get straightened out". They are just as guilty as the Dems, they've both gotten us into the
    situation we are in so don't expect anything significantly different if they win control of the House and Senate. It's all lip service.
    To your question --- you're on the right track in trying to become as self sufficient as possible. Again, IF it happens, then you'll need a larger caliber weapon than a .22 cal, unless it's a .223 or something like it. A shotgun is a must in my opinion for home protection, but why let them get that close if at all possible. People are going to have to band together to protect their neighborhoods because the police will be ineffective at that point. Be proactive and patrol your area together. People are not as likely to go after your neighborhood if they see a united and armed resistance; they will go elsewhere and that is what you want. Having an ample supply of water and rations is a must. How you will be able to achieve that is up to you and your neighbors, but figure it out now and not later.
    I feel that the most likely scenario is that the govt. will continue to bleed us to death slowly, over time rather than abruptly. Abrupt disruptions alarm people and they don't want that. IMO, they are going to drain our financial resources as much as possible so that we have less and less means to resist. Little money, little resistance. Lack of food and mobility on our part would give them a definite advantage.
    Gradual inflation is what is going to ruin us and keep us from actively revolting.
    The only solution that I can offer to our political problems is DO NOT RE-ELECT ANYONE. If we keep sending the same people back to DC then we will keep having the same problems. Get involved and get out the vote.
    I like the way you think ! I (as a Christian trying to help others suggest MREs a additional water sources to people all the time) they usually look at me like an alien ! I'll still always try to educate ! Survival shows on the Outdoor Channel on Wednesdays are great places to start . God Bless and let's help those who believe in the 2nd Admmendment !!!

Theres alot of talk now in Florida about the army gaining control over unruly civilians,and of course the violence around the Mexican border.

Me? I will be home.With all my friends.Not the easiest place to find,but just in case,i have two .45s,two .308s and two 12 gauges.That would be both 1911s on me constantly,a Benelli M2 and Stoeger side by side,and a Remington 700 and Bushmaster .308.We have well water and generators.Anybody planning to loot better be ready to shoot it up,because in a worst case scenario,we would have snipers,literally,posted on shifts.
    I Love Nicki Minaj

I hate to be the one to break it to you but your guns by themselves are not going to save you. People better start stocking gas mask the kind that will work on bio-engineered chemical weapons and tear gas. For if the government wants to gain control of a mob all they have to do is fly over and spray chemicals on the crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by Itstjs View Post
    Honestly, I think of this all of the time.
    I think of lots of things. But the only thing I can say that I honestly think of all the time is sex. That is normal. Thinking about civil war all the time is not.

Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    I think of lots of things. But the only thing I can say that I honestly think of all the time is sex. That is normal. Thinking about civil war all the time is not.
    Hummm...

"Under our Constitution, the freedom to marry, or not marry, a person of another race resides with the individual and cannot be infringed by the State." Loving v. Virginia, 388 U.S. 1 (1967)

Does that mean a black homosexual has a fundamental right to marry a white homosexual, because the marriage to a "person of another race resides with the individual and cannot be infringed"?"

Your argument in a thread regrading the 2nd amendment... Not even on topic...

I guess you do...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

Your not the only one.

Thumbs up

Thanks for giving me another excuse to think about sex.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12