Are You Prepared? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Are You Prepared?

Besides what has already been mentioned here, I do not keep my "emergency supplies" in my backpack. That is where my laptop and camera gears are and some spare clothes (100% cotton all of them...). My emergency supplies in the car is housed in a rolling cooler pack I once bought at a Walmart store 3 years ago and it stays in the back of my car with my thermal blanket ever since.
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

3. The only way I'll ever be caught with my pants down is if I'm driving a rental. I keep a loaded military rucksack in my truck, along with a sleeping bag and pillow. There's all sorts of survival tools in the ruck, along with food to last me two weeks. I keep four gallons of water as well.

Desert or arctic, if I'm stranded I can sit tight for a day or two. If help doesn't come, I can carry enough food and water to hike twenty or thirty miles into town.

Why am I so prepared? Because I was once stranded in Alaska with a lot less. That taught me never to be caught off guard again.

Great topic!

4. The wife & I put together two pretty much identical emergency packs; one for each vehicle.

Extra over-sized parkas, blankets & tarp,individual water bottles, two one gallon water jugs (full), fire starter kits containing, tinder & magnesium rods, a Mora sheath knife, & a small cook kit with a few cans of beans & beef stew; can be eaten cold. Also, a small shovel.

In addition to the above, we never go out without a hat, jacket (needed or not), personal knife, & personal firearm w/reloads. Pepper spray stays with each vehicle attached below the dash; I give it a shake every time as part of the start-up procedure. I need to add compasses.

Great topic!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12