What is your teotwawki/shtf scenario nightmare and why? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What is your teotwawki/shtf scenario nightmare and why?

Quote Originally Posted by NCGunDude View Post
    I served as a FA Surveyor (82C) with the 3rd AD in West Germany in 81-82 and 1st ID in 83. The 3rd AD has been through a lot since then, and is back in the continental US. Hadn't heard about decommissioning the 203's.

Lot's of great memories.
    Phasing them out had to do w/ conflicts being at closer range and the 109 is supposedly a more versatile all around platform. Of course the new 109s (Paladins?) have gps systems in them that do away w/ the need for FDC.
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

3. Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    Phasing them out had to do w/ conflicts being at closer range and the 109 is supposedly a more versatile all around platform. Of course the new 109s (Paladins?) have gps systems in them that do away w/ the need for FDC.
    The M109 Paladin looks more like a tank than a howitzer, formidable either way. Now that we've hijacked this thread, one can legitimately state the US military has been dealing with SHTF scenarios since the US Revolutionary War.

I've also heard the reference made to the size of the US hunting population outnumbering that of all military personnel in the world combined. No invasion on US soil, including that of our own military will stand. US troops may be called in to restore order and oversee disaster relief distribution.

But for the most part, if the balloon goes up (there's a Cold War military term for you), you will most likely be on your own, in a small group of like minded individuals, or neighborhood group. How long that situation lasts will depend on how quickly things return to normal. Remember, except for the military, all mission critical personnel that run government, banking, utility, and IT infrastructures live in the same neighborhoods and shop at the same grocery stores as you and I. If there's nothing available to you, then it's pretty much unavailable to anyone.

So, I think order will be restored in short order if at all possible. Longer term scenarios aren't good for the urban centers, and a retreat will be necessary, as well as caches of supplies.

What is the trigger for a SHTF scenario? Impossible to predict, but not impossible to anticipate or prep for the outcome. It's never too late.

What is the trigger for a SHTF scenario? Ask anyone in Japan

You wake up go to work.
    While at work
    WHAM!!!!!
    Where is your family? Do you have a rendezvous plan?
    Communications are down.
    The only transportation is "your feet". Are you in shape?

The people of Japan thought it was just another day. Then WHAM.

It can happen any where any time.
    http://uk.reuters.com/article/2011/0...72A1FK20110312
    Last edited by golocx4; 03-12-2011 at 01:33 PM. Reason: More

Quote Originally Posted by golocx4 View Post
    You wake up go to work.
    While at work
    WHAM!!!!!
    Where is your family? Do you have a rendezvous plan?
    Communications are down.
    The only transportation is "your feet". Are you in shape?

Work is at home, we are a working ranch. Family is either home or at school. As a working ranch, we have more than our feet, we have horses and horses and wagons. Kids know to stay put at school (where there is food and protection and it is a church as it is a private school so there WILL be people who amass there that we WANT to make contact with) till we get there horseback and armed. We get to school, we get kids and make plans for our Church/School family to head to our ranch. We need beef, we butcher as needed. We need "guards" for the "supplies", we now have a good group to rotate as needed. Most of our "neighbors" are Amish. We need veggies, we trade like normal and offer them protection that they wont do themselves.

Could get harry? Yep, but we now have a good "citizen army" to protect and serve the common good with values that are alike.

The "worry" would come in for extended family not local.
    "I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends respect me. The others can do whatever the "heck" they please".-John Wayne

Good plan doublebarr.
    I too live in a rural area.
    If cars don't work though gotta walk, no horses.

There is a whole generation class of people that think meat comes wrapped in plastic and green beans grow in cans.
    When the inner city folks run low on food and water they will start moving out,
    That is when your guards will really have to be on the ball.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12