What is your teotwawki/shtf scenario nightmare and why?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is your teotwawki/shtf scenario nightmare and why?

Exclamation What is your teotwawki/shtf scenario nightmare and why?

What is your teotwawki/shtf scenario nightmare and why?

What are the triggers and what is the outcome?
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

3. Take your pick of triggers and outcomes. There also isn't any safe harbor if/when SHTF. I've been prepping for a couple of years now, have guns, ammo, food and a bug out retreat with abundant water.

But, unless you've got $$ to put into some serious remote facilities, we're all going to be in the same soup. I'm more concerned about the long term economic prospects than short term SHTF scenarios. If it comes down to God, guns and bullets, God help us all.

I'm in the middle of it right now -- awake and in real life.
    People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome.--River Tam

5. Quote Originally Posted by NDS View Post
    I'm in the middle of it right now -- awake and in real life.
    How so, unemployment? Yeah, that would bite!

That's the real kicker, we live in an interdependent society. When government pays people to have babies, they have babies. When they pay them not to work, they don't work.

The mentality becomes, "where's my handout?", and when there is none, then we get mad. The difficult part to accept is we've off shored our middle class, resulting in wealth accumulation at the top.

Which brings me back to my original reply. My concern is more about long term economic prospects for our country, than short term or intermediate crises precipitating civil unrest or violence. I have the will and the means to defend myself using deadly force, if necessary. I'm not able to compete, however, with forces that are beyond my control. That was supposed to be the purpose of our democratic process, which was usurped by politicians borrowing $$ from future generations to buy votes, and sticking not only to this generation, but every person who will ever have the misfortune to be born into this world.

How does it end? Only God Almighty knows. We know that God tells us in his Word that the end of the Devil and his anti Christ is the lake of fire. But there is a lot that has to happen in between, with a lot of trial and tribulation. One can only hope in the return of the Lord. "Amen. Come, Lord Jesus!" (Revelation 22:20b ESV)

Quote Originally Posted by NCGunDude View Post
    That's the real kicker, we live in an interdependent society. When government pays people to have babies, they have babies. When they pay them not to work, they don't work.
    If you look at the Apocalypse movies from Hollywood, they all had a common theme. The masses were mindless and were helpless until the government comes riding to the rescue.

Nothing will be further from the truth in a SHTF scenario.

Just went shopping with the wife, Food prices rising. Copper will make the cost of ammo go up. Gas going up. Government Unions shaking their fists. Middle east is falling apart. MSNBC guys are pissing in their pants if someone uses the word Target.
    Will someone rise to the top and appear to bring world peace?

Could happen any day now could happen in a few months.
    Live in North East so Im hoping it is at least warmer when it happens.

Meanwhile move along, nothing to see here. Keep your attention on Charlie Sheen, Lady Gaga and Justin Beever.

My wife looking into my gun safe and realizing just how much I actually spent filling it up
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

You wanted a sign? March 19 will be SUPER MOON

An extreme "SuperMoon" is when the moon is full or new as well as at its 100% greater mean perigee (closest) distance to earth. By this definition, last month's full moon, this month's and next month's will all be extreme "SuperMoons".

AccuWeather.com - Astronomy | Extreme Super (Full) Moon to Cause Chaos?

Enjoy.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    My wife looking into my gun safe and realizing just how much I actually spent filling it up
    If you have an 8" self-propelled howitzer in there, I can understand why!

Quote Originally Posted by NCGunDude View Post
    If you have an 8" self-propelled howitzer in there, I can understand why!
    No one in America has fired an 8 inch sp howitzer since I did it in 1999. they all got sold to Morocco.

2/157th FA CONG was the last unit to field them and I got to fire the last round (luck of the draw) when we mothballed them and went to 109s
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

11. Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    No one in America has fired an 8 inch sp howitzer since I did it in 1999. they all got sold to Morocco.

2/157th FA CONG was the last unit to field them and I got to fire the last round (luck of the draw) when we mothballed them and went to 109s
    I served as a FA Surveyor (82C) with the 3rd AD in West Germany in 81-82 and 1st ID in 83. The 3rd AD has been through a lot since then, and is back in the continental US. Hadn't heard about decommissioning the 203's.

Lot's of great memories.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast