Took Fire

Thread: Took Fire

Arrow Took Fire

Ok, a little background information. I work Armed Security, more less, Private Police, we partol an old abandoned Plant, where so far, weve made 13 arrests [since December of 2010]
    Yesterday, I was working the 3rd shift, and normally there isnt much going on around 2am to 7am sometimes there is, but mostly drunks leaving the Bars within the area, and looking for a place to Park their vehicles with a special lady.

Roughly 2:03AM March 5th 2011 a Company [unarmed the building he is "Guarding'' is has contracted a seperate company than ours per the Demolition request] called our site phone, telling us they had recieved fire, he said a white vehicle pulled up to the locked gate, and shot 3-5 rounds, did not hit him, but was asking for us to send a squad car to his location. So, we sent 1 car [2 guys] and the Unarmed guard then called the City police. Within a few more minutes, the car had pulled up to the gate I was just passing by and fired 6-7 rounds maybe more, I wasnt quite counting, but I stepped on the gas and pulled the car behind a brick wall, me and my partner jumped out of the car and got on the opposite side of the vehicle with weapons drawn.
    Shortly after we had taken cover the car drove off, within seconds we got back in our cruiser and drove towards the Main gate, where we the Unarmed guard was with our Officers. I had littereally just got out of the car when more shots were fired. We all took cover, our weapons drawn when seconds later, it was over, we never fired a shot, being we were more concerned with keeping ourselves from the barage of bullets that could have hit us. The car just drove off at a high rate of speed. He never came more than 75 meters from us.

Over all noone was hurt, guess the guys were just bad shots. Were unsure as to the reason we were targeted, maybe we upset some scrappers who were caught stealing copper, and other precious metals. The Police took our statements and went on their way. First time being shot at, wasnt a good feeling. Thank god I had purchased my own level 3A vest the day before, and Im even happier that I didnt have to find out if it really worked.
    Thought I would share this see what you guys had to say about it. I have left out some details I am sure, but the whole thing was over within 20 minutes.

Ask questions if you want, Ill try and get to them as soon as I can.
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier....One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.

glad your alright... were you guys visable... i mean do you think they were just shooting into an abandoned property, or were they shooting at you in particular? any damage to the vehicles?

again glad yall are safe... i hope i never have to find out how well my vest stops a bullet either...
    "Loyalty to the country always. Loyalty to the government when it deserves it."
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." (Winston Churchill).

You seemed to handle the situation well. Im glad you werent in the cross fire. Good game plan using the brick wall and car for cover, also vest. Any way you can get an Ar or two in your car? Or will this be against co. policy? good job and stay safe, hopefully cops will stay close to your post in future.

Yes, we were visible. White and Black Impalas with light bars on the top, Security and Co. name along the side. We know they were shooting at us, the night before the shooting our supervisor stupidly "chased" a truch matching the description of a truck 1st shift reported "driving slowly" past the property the following morning.
    As for ARs or any other weapon to carry, our company policy is, if youre going to carry it, you MUST qualify with it, and it has to meet certian codes and criteria, I think its all state regulated. I suggested we at least carry some sort of shot gun or have personal high powered weapons carried in the trunk incase things do get a little dangerous. So far weve been denied the request.

With State cut backs on Police, theyre a little harder to come by in certian instances. On our arrests for trespassing, and larceny, [among other things] average response was just a little over an hour.
    Either way, Im glad we were all safe and acted in a professional matter. No need for Heros, and with the distance the shooters were at, there was no point in returning fire probably wouldnt have hit the people.

There was no damage to any of our vehicles, that we have noticed anyways, lousey shots the shooters were. Heh.
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier....One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.

6. Glad all of you are safe. Just keep this in mind for future reference; It's not the "pop, pop, pop" you have to worry about, it's when you hear the "zing" past you.

Continue to be safe.