What is in your BOB or Vest?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What is in your BOB or Vest?

Exclamation What is in your BOB or Vest?

What is in your BOB survival vest and why?
    What stuff can you not live without?
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

Quote Originally Posted by festus View Post
    What stuff can you not live without?
    That hairdryer that the Princess of Druidia had on Spaceballs comes to mind.

Lollies and ammo.
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

Water storage items, water purification tablets, fire starting equipment, MRE side items, First-aid kit w/ quick-clot(good stuff), emergency blanket & tent, hunting knife, multi-tool, maps, walkie-talkie, extra magizines & ammo for primary weapons, .380acp pistol(last resort gun), book: Food For Free(great must have), light sticks, beanie, bar soap, travel toothbrush & tooth paste, baby wipes & a few diapers(my baby girl goes where I go!)

I think that's it....
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    [*]Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.
    Operation Veterans Relief: http://www.opvr.org/home.html

Quote Originally Posted by gunnerbob View Post
    beanie
    A yarmulke might work better.

Maybe
    [*]Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.

vest: 3 loaded pistol mags, a waterproof tarp and 100 feet of paracord, sog multitool, two canteens, one mre, a windproof lighter, matches, a firestarter, small medical kit, fishing line, flashlight, compess and maps, fixed blade ka-bar, cable saw.

on belt: pistol (taurus pt111 mil pro) in oc holster, 2 spare mags, pocket knife (ka-bar warthog), binos.

on person: small compess on chain around neck. wallet with cash.

in BOB: 5 mre's, ar-7 (broken down and stored in stock), 550 rounds of .22lr, 250 rounds of 9x19, more medical gear, hatchet, pocket am/fm/sw radio w/ spare batteries, blacket, 2 trash bags, 2 spare t shirts, 4 pairs socks, 4 pair underwear, 1 pair jeans, sunglasses, boonie hat, camo sticks.

in car: m44 carbine, 440 rounds of 7.62x54r, 500 rounds of 9x19, 2,000 rounds of .22lr, 12 mre's, 2 5 gallon cans of treated gas, spare tire, tire patch kit, spare fluids of all types, large medical kit, crowbar, e-tool, tool kit, bolt cutters, wire cutters, sleeping bag, spare clothes. extra pair of boots, gas mask and 2 filters.

Don’t have a “BOB”, but my “GHB” (Get Home Bag) has two changes of socks and underwear, one pair of rip-stop cotton long pants, two heavy-weight t-shirts, a pair of hiking shoes, poncho, poncho liner, a first aid kit, a couple bottles of water, several energy bars and depending on time of year there may or may not be a jacket.
    As I said, this is not a “BOB”, this is a bag that I keep in the truck to get me home if needed.

Quote Originally Posted by gunnerbob View Post
    book: Food For Free(great must have)
    Isn't this book very specific to the UK? How does it help in NM? Just curious... Otherwise, very good selection of gear for the BOB.
    luvmyRugers

Quote Originally Posted by luvmyRugers View Post
    Isn't this book very specific to the UK? How does it help in NM? Just curious... Otherwise, very good selection of gear for the BOB.
    We have more plants in NM than you may think... well maybe one more than you may think, lol. I may not always be in NM... so the book goes where I go.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast