Survival Fitness. Does Fatty die first? - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Survival Fitness. Does Fatty die first?

Quote Originally Posted by festus View Post
    In a food shortage SHTF scenario it does not hurt to be the guy with a couple of pounds to lose...
    Yes and no.

What you don't want (imo) is to be the guy that stands out as being fat in a food shortage. As was pointed out in an earlier post, if everyone around you is losing weight in you aren't that's going to send up red flags.
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

I'm not fat! I'm under-tall!

Fat people are lazy. Lazy people find a better way to do what a fit person can do. So fat people get it done while still enjoying that glass of Bordeaux and a juicy steak with baked potato side!

Besides what if you break something while being the fit monster. The human body pulls from its energy reserves (fat) to heal itself. You're broke and now you don't have the fat reserve to survive until you heal. Me? I break something, I can heal and still have enough fat reserve left over to have enough energy to go find something else to eat!

Without a doubt being able to do what you need to do in your everyday is important and being able to go a little bit above is always a good thing.
    To not stand against injustice is to stand for it.
    Don't confuse my personality and my attitude.
    My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are.

WHAT !!!! Man oh man speed , agility , endurance =strenght and your not that if you got fat deposites ! A little exercise will go a long way , so if the fat people fall behind leave'em and servive !

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy bird View Post
    WHAT !!!! Man oh man speed , agility , endurance =strenght and your not that if you got fat deposites ! A little exercise will go a long way , so if the fat people fall behind leave'em and servive !
    So you're saying my cat is strong? He's fast, agile and can run around the house at full tilt for hours. That makes him strong, or just a furry speed demon?

Wouldn't you know it....
    Brain cells come and brain cells go,
    but FAT cells live forever.

Survival Fitness. Does Fatty die first?-att00002.jpg
    I signed up for an exercise class and was told to
    wear loose fitting clothing. If I HAD any loose
    fitting clothing, I wouldn't have signed up in
    the first place!
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

Quote Originally Posted by Tucker's Mom View Post
    Wouldn't you know it....
    Brain cells come and brain cells go,
    but FAT cells live forever.

Survival Fitness. Does Fatty die first?-att00002.jpg
    I signed up for an exercise class and was told to
    wear loose fitting clothing. If I HAD any loose
    fitting clothing, I wouldn't have signed up in
    the first place!
    Too bad there isn't a "ROFLMAO" button!

Now thats FUNNY !!!!

This gal makes a lot of sense to me:
    Who Will Die First when SHTF: A WARNING - YouTube

Personally, I can barely bench press anything, I'm 145-155 and 5'10", haven't done pull ups or pushups in years, and my hip starts acting up just walking around the block. In other words, I'm scrawny and out of shape. On the flip side, I can haul a dresser up a flight of stairs on my back, spend half an hour tossing my 1 year old in the air just to make him giggle, or strap a 40lb camera bag to my back and jog through the woods for a couple miles. I can forget to eat for a couple days (and frequently do), or polish off a large pizza in one sitting. Exercise bores me, so I never do it. But doing things is interesting. I hate going to a gym, but I'll climb a tree, hang from a branch with 1 arm and 1 leg, and hack off other branches with a machete. I can't do planks or lunges, but I can balance on top of a 1/2" wide cedar fence barefoot and fix the gutters.

Being able to survive has little to do with how many pushups you can do, or what you can bench press. It does have a lot to do with having a healthy metabolism, and the ability to perform tasks needed in a survival situation.
    Go to the gym and run a couple miles on a treadmill, or chase a dog chasing a raccoon through a slough? Do 40 pull ups, or climb 20 feet up into a tree to get a bag full of apples? Get winded by jumping up and down, or play fighting with the dog? I know what I'd choose, and it doesn't involve rubber mats, sweat rags or TVs on the wall to distract you from realizing how bored you are. Besides, being able to fight a dog without being bitten is a GREAT survival skill, right?
    Owner of Applied Perspective, specializing in laser engraving and fine art photography
    -or-
    Just some guy who loves to shoot

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234