Hornady Zombie Max Ammo - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hornady Zombie Max Ammo

Talking Picked up my box !

Zombie Ammo.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images Hornady Zombie Max Ammo-zombie-ammo.jpg 

As far as I'm concerned it's a sales gimmick. Hornady already makes one of the best personal protection rounds made in the Critical Defense. I'm not sold on this marketing ploy because it will give the anti-gun crowd "ammunition". I would perfer some silver bullets, if I didn't need them for vampires, the silver would be a valuable, stable investment. Has Hornady done any research that shows that green plastic is more toxic to zombies? Given a choice between a box of Critical Defense ammo and a green tipped bullet in a dorky box I'll take the Critical Defense ammo.

Even though 2009 was proof "negative" that there is significant demand for ammunition, Hornady apparently thinks they can sell more ammo this way, and they're probably right.

I can do without the B movie actor and the mythical Hollywood "Full auto" mentality though.

Quote Originally Posted by shermr View Post
    As far as I'm concerned it's a sales gimmick. Hornady already makes one of the best personal protection rounds made in the Critical Defense. I'm not sold on this marketing ploy because it will give the anti-gun crowd "ammunition". I would perfer some silver bullets, if I didn't need them for vampires, the silver would be a valuable, stable investment. Has Hornady done any research that shows that green plastic is more toxic to zombies? Given a choice between a box of Critical Defense ammo and a green tipped bullet in a dorky box I'll take the Critical Defense ammo.
    Is it a sale "gimmick"? Yes, but the collectabilty factor is cool. It is Critical Defense just a different color polymer insert, and case. I'm putting mine in a shadow box with a plate that says: "In case of Zombie Apocolypse, break glass".

6. It's also 2-4 dollars cheaper for the zombie "gimmick"

Good commerical will have to get a couple boxes, if they work on Zombies I'm sure they will do a good job on the BG's..

I got a box for my new glock, I think it is the same as Hornady Critical defense but with a green tip instead of pink. The box is cool.

Great for practice ammo but I will not use it for my carry ammo. It may not make a bit of difference in the court room but I've seen enough of what gets prosecuted not to risk my freedom on a couple bucks more for ammo. I do not choose to factor in the "cool factor" in my ammo choice. I will carry nothing with a name that might entice a prosecutor. For me the risk is not worth the reward. After a self defense shooting I see no upside to having a gun named "The Judge" or ammo called "Zombie Max" or any similar product. I wouldn't expect anyone that visits this site to be on my jury. The prosecutor will try to keep all gun owners off the jury. True, it should not make a difference but it very well could. I do not intend to denigrate your decision only to explain mine.
    NRA,
    Armed Citizens Legal Defense Fund
    http://armedcitizensnetwork.org/

This stuff for practice? Way to pricey for that. The possibility of getting prosecuted because of a name for the firearm/ammo? Really? Keyboard won't let me continue.

Gun store was out of critical defense, shot mine up today, had to buy the zombie ammo....oh boy.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast