How to build a SHTF bucket. - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How to build a SHTF bucket.

Quote Originally Posted by boyzoi View Post
    LMAO.... I thought you were gonna tells us how to make a Porta-Potty
    We might need one of those also.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Quote Originally Posted by boyzoi View Post
    LMAO.... I thought you were gonna tells us how to make a Porta-Potty
    Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    We might need one of those also.
    How does this fit your needs?

http://bumperdumper.com/art/bdedned1.jpg
    People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome.--River Tam

Quote Originally Posted by NDS View Post
    How does this fit your needs?

http://bumperdumper.com/art/bdedned1.jpg

That might work.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

The dry ice CO2 for air purge is a good concept and has sound physics principle. It should make a huge difference although a nitrogen or argon purge would be even better eliminating oxygen atoms completely thereby not only eliminating organics, but also rust.

boyzoi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    That might work.
    a whole new meaning to the word tail-gateing!!

metal detectors can find buried guns. I suggest you bury your cache on a property line for deniability purposes should it come to that.

Dont forget water purification tablets
    -Austin

9. I would have to say someone would have to try it to confirm it but I think it might be possible to use lead to mask the gun. I know if they try to use ground-penetrating radar the lead would mask the objects in the bucket but I had a thought that lead would help with fooling a metal detector. Like I said someone would have to try it to see if it would be possible.

About that nitro/argo purge.....

Hey, 2bear, any idea how that nitrogen or argon purge might work? Also, I thought that petroleum (a la Vaseline) would degrade the rubber gasket on a bucket lid. At least, it is supposed to have very negative effects on a certain other rubber barrier.

wolfhunter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomboy007 View Post
    Hey, 2bear, any idea how that nitrogen or argon purge might work? Also, I thought that petroleum (a la Vaseline) would degrade the rubber gasket on a bucket lid. At least, it is supposed to have very negative effects on a certain other rubber barrier.
    Pumping an inert gas like nitrogen or argon into a container pushes the ambient "air" (mix of gasses including oxygen) out of the container. Get a small bottle with a section of hose from a welding supply shop, stick the hose in down to the bottom of the container, place the lid loosely on the container so it holds the hose in place. Crack the bottle's valve. After a few seconds, the air will be replaced by the inert gas. Since there is now little or no oxygen in the container, oxidation is at least hindered. This means no rust, no corrosion.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast