Is TSHTF right now? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is TSHTF right now?

Unfortunately, things haven't gotten any better in the last two months...
    Silent Running, by Mike and the Mechanics

3. Freemarket does have a down side. I bet there are a few folks wishing we hadn't gotten rid of those pesky regulations huh? I think instead of a bail out we should take a few CEO's out and shoot them. That might inspire the rest of them to think outside the box eh? These greedy bastards deserve no sympathy let the f"ing market crash. I hope they have the decency to start flinging themselves out their windows.
    ["Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!"
    - Ben Franklin
    FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by Torch View Post
    Things are not really that bad at all. Stop listening to the news casts and you won't feel so concerned about things. Swings in the markets happen, historically speaking. This one is very typical.
    Yes, it's been two and a half months since this particular post, but are you ready to admit that you were wrong, Torch? Things aren't going very well right now, and they're probably going to get worse before they get better.

BTW, Gunny, I like the way you think!

We shouldn't pin this all on the CEOs. All sides share some blame in this - Clinton, Bush, the Fed, federal and state regulators, banks, Wall Street, MB/RE people and of course the customers. A lot of people saw this coming years ago and did nothing about it.

I had an MB license in 2003 and saw a lot of the graft that was going on - but anyone who brought up objections was immediately shouted down as a pessimist and an opponent of homeownership. To be honest, I didn't realize how much bad investment was actually being made. I figured, banks would have a bad quarter or two, some idiots would get foreclosed on, and that would be that.

Other people who had a more comprehensive view, though, were able to see what types of debts were going to turn bad and when. They couldn't have possibly not known that this was going to hit the fan in a bad way.

Anyway...it'll be interesting to see if we can make it to 2009 without our economy completely losing bladder control and pissing all of our money away.
    Silent Running, by Mike and the Mechanics

boyzoi Guest
    keep in mind guys that we are in an election year, just a little over a month away, and the liberals are pulling out the plugs on placing total blame on Republicans (conservatives) in order to make nobama look like he knows how to solve all that ails us. as for a depression, the enviorment is not even close now as it was then, the unemployment, the mortage failures are not even in the same zip code. is the market in a bad state of affairs, yep it sure is, iis it reason to panic, not yet, but it is reason to make sure you are prepared for whatever happens.

i have this feeling

that whatever bill passes and the president signs, it will only delay the inevitable. time to use THE FORCE!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12