78 Skills Everyone Should Know - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 78 Skills Everyone Should Know

I'll check into that. I'm actually quite experienced with good old fashioned dynamite. I can't say how I picked up that skill but it would put a smile on your faces. I'm counting that as #23.
    Typos are for the entertainment of the reader. Don't let it go to your head!

first you have to get some, and it degrades over time. All the explosives formulaes were patented, the "how to" of making them can be bought by anyone, from the US patent office. Also, Dupont at one time published a huge encyclopedia on this subject

Y'know, even black powder contained in PVC can, err... remove stumps if need be. Even filling a large pill bottle with black powder, screwing the top on and wrapping the entire thing in about 10ft of duck tape can give you something useful. Obviously, you have to get some cannon fuse and drill a hole just large enough to get the fuse through. Not that I've done that...
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    [*]Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.
    Operation Veterans Relief: http://www.opvr.org/home.html

tried that, 45 years ago. the powder melted the plastic cap, then burned like a rocket, sort of, melted the glass bottle, on the side touching the ground. I hadn't given it a thought, stood there 10 ft away watching the cannon fuze, and right beside me was 400 gallons of gas, up on 8x8 posts, for gravity feed!

Duck tape is better now... as are pill bottles. Lol...
    [*]Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.

I seriously doubt that any of those things tolerate sort of heat that bP burns at.

Quote Originally Posted by thru View Post
    I seriously doubt that any of those things tolerate sort of heat that bP burns at.
    The key is to create enough compression of the gases so it explodes before it melts. Not enough compression due to lack of seal... then it melts instead of explodes. Like I said, get one of the (roughly) 1/2 cup pill bottles, fill it with black powder to the brim, drill a hole just large enough in the top to get the fuse through, screw it on and then wrap the entire thing in about 10ft of duck tape (with more wrapping around the top)... light the fuse and toss......... BOOM! If you added nails or BBs you'd have a hell of a shrapnel bomb for confined spaces.

Not that I've done this....

I would strongly recommend a military style survival school to everyone who did not receive survival training from military service.

believe it or not the older boy scout manuals/handbooks have tons of good stuff in them. They are a great start and very easy to read.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12