Bug out bag - Page 6
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Bug out bag

Oh maxipads...Wow thats one I almost forgot. I can remember back in highschool one of the brutes got a severe laceration in his leg from horsing around the gym. It was bleeding really bad and pressure was not working very well. I yelled across the gym for someone to get a med kit and then the second word out of my mouth was "does anyone have any maxipads???". Honestly the looks I got were hilarious. But, sure enough one of the girls did and brought some over. They worked like a charm until the med kit was available. Better than using my dirty shirt at least. :)
    They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    ---Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759.

Quote Originally Posted by boris View Post
    i ma have overlooked it, but be sure to pack some food, maybe some instant oatmeal or grits if you are from the south;) also, not a bad idea fr MEN to pack some maxipads. can be a great help for major boo-boos!!! the troops are carrying these in medikits in iraq and afghanistan. think it's crazy? remember wat they are designed to do and then you won't!;)
    Well, I'll throw a few more pads in the pack--would hate to use them up on wounds and have only bandaids left for anything else!

As for the food, most of the pack weight is MRE's which are nasty, but high calorie/protein. Thought I'd rotate a few of my real old ones out by having them for lunch with my 3 year old. She wouldn't eat this last one, but the cat liked it :)

MRE's..

be nasty stuff. combat rations are designed to keep you fed and to ... ahem... stop you up... .... if you know what i mean

Boris e-mailed me the following site. There may be some info of interest as far as general survival/preparedness.

http://falloutshelter653.org/index.php
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Bag Contents

I haven't read thru all of the links on what you should have, But I did note one item that seems to be missing from the lists on the posts. I think it would prove to be very valuable to have a pair of work gloves (preferably leather) to protect your hands.
    The more I practice, the 'luckier' I get!

;)That's a really good idea!
    Give everybody guns.
    Natural selection will cull out the idiots.

Thanks, BC. I learned the hard way that a cut or burn on your thumb or palm can render that hand almost useless! You hands are your #1 survival tool.
    The more I practice, the 'luckier' I get!

gordo...

roger that....

Very good on the gloves, I added a pair to my pack. Would hate to use up all the bandaids on something that could so easily have been prevented! :)

another important thing....

having spent some time around specops guys{no, i was not one.** they taught me that the most important tool/weapon yu have is THE MIND. study and practice. work out standard procedures for things and have several back up plans and ideas in place. like my buddy Sgt. Murphy always says" no plan of attack stays intact after enemy contact." emergency prep is kind of like a combat situation or a good streetfight : always evolving. new tools, new techniques. it is up to the individual to try new things to see if the work and make sure all the stuff is there. and operating. you don't want to get into a firefight an discover that the bolt or firing pins are missing. bad juju. sorry about the rambling. did this even make any sense?

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast