MRE Question.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MRE Question.

Question MRE Question.

With quite a few vendors of those Meals Rejected by Ethiopians, aka MRE's, the cuisine of the desperate, or starving, I'm overwhelmed with searching (Google) hits with hazy words like 'fresh' or 'new' and 'cheap' is IMHO a metaphor for nearing expired! Looking for a reputable on-line vendor that can deliver cases of 2010-12 expiration dates, or later rats. I'd prefer LRRP's, but I ain't even sure if those light 'power packs' even exist anymore. Made in the USA would B great. Does anyone on this group have a tried & tested suggested link for late-date expiration either? Thanks in advance for any leads. Please reply to the entire group, after the election I/we may need something to eat if the NWO, natural disaster, terrorist attack, etc., closes the supermarkets and/or the states start rationing our food, expired MRE's! Sorry if this info has been posted B 4 but I don't check into this forum as much as I should.
    Regards,

Canis-Lupus

That is a good question. I am glad you asked that. I would also like to know where to look for the best. Hopefully someone can shed some light on the subject for us.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

4. Quote Originally Posted by Canis-Lupus View Post
    With quite a few vendors of those Meals Rejected by Ethiopians, aka MRE's, the cuisine of the desperate, or starving, I'm overwhelmed with searching (Google) hits with hazy words like 'fresh' or 'new' and 'cheap' is IMHO a metaphor for nearing expired! Looking for a reputable on-line vendor that can deliver cases of 2010-12 expiration dates, or later rats. I'd prefer LRRP's, but I ain't even sure if those light 'power packs' even exist anymore. Made in the USA would B great. Does anyone on this group have a tried & tested suggested link for late-date expiration either? Thanks in advance for any leads. Please reply to the entire group, after the election I/we may need something to eat if the NWO, natural disaster, terrorist attack, etc., closes the supermarkets and/or the states start rationing our food, expired MRE's! Sorry if this info has been posted B 4 but I don't check into this forum as much as I should.
    Regards,

Canis-Lupus
    I bet this reply makes you go crazy --- After reading many forums with your comments in them I really think you are one beer short of a six pack.... !!! I really think you need to go to the VA for a check up... You need help !!!

5. MREdepot.com Home Page

I have purchased from them before, and they seem to be the only ones that I can find with the following info:

11/14/07 Manufacture Date, 11/2010 Inspection Date

All the others seem to be outdated.

They also have some deals on long term storage foods, as well as freeze dried. Some of the items sell on Ebay, but you have to check the prices against their website.

Hope this helps.
    "Always at your command"
    "לפקודה תמיד אנחנו"

6. Quote Originally Posted by Canis-Lupus View Post
    Thanks Palmach.
    $80 a pop, not bad with an 11/2010 Inspection Date. That was normally when our G-S4 certified them edible/undamaged for another <10 years, S/L @ 60F. They have changed a bit, and beat what I have found so far online, book-marked. USDA inspection stamp is a plus.
    Cheers

Canis-Lupus
    If you read further, these are legitimate and legal. Not your typical stamped not for sale, US GOVT. These were purchased from a contractor that was forced to scale back their operations in Iraq.

From what I can tell through my research, they are the best on the market right now.
    "Always at your command"
    "לפקודה תמיד אנחנו"

boyzoi Guest
    Ive used this site for several things, though not MRE......worth a shot?
    Survival Store,Survival Equipment,Emergency Disaster Survival Gear Kits

MRE's rock i love them. I get the US gov ones from people in the Guard. I had a few box's kicking around lol i think i gave them away. mredepot is the way to go 100% USA Gov MRE's. I am not going to stock pile MRE's lol was whats the point. If every thing goes to **** we can just do what our founding fathers did. USE THE LAND.. Hunt off it,grow food,fish,build our homes. We run out of bullets use a Bow and arrow. +1 Doc and his Glock lol!!!!!!
    Last edited by S&WM&P40; 10-17-2008 at 08:06 AM.

THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

I prefer to plan ahead and stock up rather than wait and hope I could live off the land. A lot more people and less game and land than when the founding fathers started this country. Also most of us have become soft from our easy life style unlike the founders. A lot of Americans would die if thrown into that life style.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

6,ooo,ooo people living of the land will be eating each other .Food supply for a week is a great idea and people who don't are not responsible for others I hope.

hey,C-L!!

these guys are pretty good!! Emergency Essentials - Be Prepared Emergency Preparedness Food Storage
    item numbers: AM1-FM-M750
    AM1-FM-M700

BUT YOU REMEMBER WHAT THEY TASTE LIKE.. SOME OK, OTHERS NOT SO MUCH!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast