An idea I had . . . any suggestions? - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: An idea I had . . . any suggestions?

Looks tasty...you should open a bakery. Maybe bake loaves that look like guns.
    Silent Running, by Mike and the Mechanics

wolfhunter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by toreskha View Post
    Looks tasty...you should open a bakery. Maybe bake loaves that look like guns.
    Guns are great, but all those loaves appear to need is a little butter. I need to remind the wife of how much she used to like making bread.

Had another installment of prep class today. We bottled butter so now it can sit on the shelf instead of in the fridge or freezer. It is whole butter, so still needs to be kept cool after it is opened. Might be good with some bread . . .
    I also brought a couple of real old MRE's and we taste tested those. My one sweet friend had never heard of them before. They were just as nasty as I remembered them! What's funny is the stuff that should be good like "chocolate covered cookie" was the worst part! Oh well, now they all know what an MRE is.
    Then the gal whose house we were at had been given 2 trout two days ago but they had not been gutted, so we had a quick lesson on gutting a fish and that it should be done shortly after catching it, then threw them away. Yipes! Made lots of progress today. I'll be cutting an elk up Thursday so I invited any of them that could make it to come learn/help. So far they're still excited about learning stuff . . .

Quote Originally Posted by mom of 3 angels View Post
    Had another installment of prep class today. We bottled butter so now it can sit on the shelf instead of in the fridge or freezer. It is whole butter, so still needs to be kept cool after it is opened. Might be good with some bread . . .
    I also brought a couple of real old MRE's and we taste tested those. My one sweet friend had never heard of them before. They were just as nasty as I remembered them! What's funny is the stuff that should be good like "chocolate covered cookie" was the worst part! Oh well, now they all know what an MRE is.
    Then the gal whose house we were at had been given 2 trout two days ago but they had not been gutted, so we had a quick lesson on gutting a fish and that it should be done shortly after catching it, then threw them away. Yipes! Made lots of progress today. I'll be cutting an elk up Thursday so I invited any of them that could make it to come learn/help. So far they're still excited about learning stuff . . .

If you get any "extra" Elk jerky, you can send it my way.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

Quote Originally Posted by Glock Fan View Post

gf
    Ummm . . . yeah, sure. There is no such thing as "extra" jerky!

wolfhunter Guest
    Ummm . . . yeah, sure. There is no such thing as "extra" jerky!
    That's what I was thinking.

When MREs first replaced C-Rations, a friend brought home a package in his gear. When his 8 year old asked what it was, he replied, "An MRE." Kid asked what THAT meant. The explanation?

"Meals Ready to Eat- three lies in one!"

More like "Meals Rarely Eaten"! The last MRE I consumed was over 10 years ago.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

Quote Originally Posted by Glock Fan View Post

gf
    Okay, gf, here's your jerky. Actually made this over the weekend with elk and deer from the freezer . . . there's a little left but you'll have to fight my kids for it.

How old are the kids. I need to know if i Stand a chance of wupping em. How to dress fish and game is fine but they need to learn the basics on how to fish and hunt to. If this is a long term project, come spring you can work on backyard gardens for vegetables.

I'm next in line for left overs.

Okay, gf, here's your jerky. Actually made this over the weekend with elk and deer from the freezer . . . there's a little left but you'll have to fight my kids for it.

Looks delicious! I'm not into figting with children (other than my own) I'm willing to "barter" some cool stuff from PRHI if they're willing to part with some of that jerky. PM me if they're interested and we can work out the details.

gf

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast