Ammo Minimums - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ammo Minimums

I"m "shooting for" the following minimums:

Practice ammo:

5000 rounds of .223
    1000 rounds of 6.8 SPC (if I can find an upper first)
    11000 rounds of .22 lr (20 bricks)
    2000 rounds of .40 S&W
    2000 rounds of 9mm
    2000 rounds of .45acp
    1000 rounds of .357
    1000 rounds of .38
    200 rounds of .454 casull
    500 rounds of .357 sig

Defensive/hunting ammo:

300 round of .223
    300 rounds of .30-06
    500 rounds of match .308
    300 rounds of 6.8 SPC
    200 rounds for each of my handgun calibers

I also plan on buying enough reloading components to replenish the above one time.
    "When the outflow exceeds the inflow, the upkeep becomes the downfall"

I agree GF, let's also say with my collection and adding a .44 magnum to it last week that keeping minimums is rather costly for me. Oh well, it's for the good of the economy.
    Know the law; don't ask, don't tell.
    NRA & UT Certified Instructor; CT, FL, NH, NV, OR, PA & UT CCW Holder
    Happy new 1984; 25 years behind schedule. Send lawyers, guns and money...the SHTF...

my .02..

1000 rds for every caliber /weapon you have as a minimum. 'nuff said.

5. Ammo for SHTF should be 10 rounds for every day of food and water you have put away.

Glock Fan Wrote:

I just thought of something. Should we be advertising our ammo inventory on a public internet forum?????

+1 Watch out.

A couple of weeks ago i bought a load from ammoman.com

1000 .223
    1000 .7.62x39
    1000 9mm luger

ammoman is a good site.
    -Austin

8. if I can learn reloading I will have quite a load of each gun of each caliber I have in my armory.

Or conversely....

Quote Originally Posted by Thoth8 View Post
    Ammo for SHTF should be 10 rounds for every day of food and water you have put away.
    More useful might be 10 rounds for every day of food and water that you have NOT put away.

Quote Originally Posted by toreskha View Post
    That inventory will fluctuate so often that it probably doesn't matter. It's not like you're advertising your SHTF stockpile or anything.

And for the record, some of what I have is:
    ~500 rounds of 9mm WWB
    Over 50 rounds of .380 WWB
    50 12 ga birdshot shells
    500 .22 rounds

...and 6000 BBs.

I don't have a tremendous amount of PD ammo, but it's enough to fill my magazines when carrying and enough buckshot and slugs to fill up the magazine on my Moss 500, and then some. I'm not predicting a zombie attack in the near future, but I am continuing to accumulate, of course.
    Doesn't really matter. I won't advertise my stockpile of ammo or firearms, other than the two I have pictures of on this site.
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Glock Fan View Post
    I just thought of something. Should we be advertising our ammo inventory on a public internet forum?????
    The way I sees it:
    There is nothing wrong with stockpiling ammo. In fact, I'd imagine the founding fathers would recommend it, given the current events unfolding. It doesn't matter what the media, the government, or the liberals say...We aren't doing anything wrong.

In fact, I would imagine it is good to openly speak about stockpiling ammo. Maybe someone who is on the fence about whether or not he/she wants to buy a couple cases to put away, sees this thread and decides to. It doesn't make you a terrorist to be prepared for the worst.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]In order to rally people, governments need enemies. They want us to be afraid, to hate, so we will rally behind them. And if they don't have a real enemy, they'll invent one in order to mobilize us.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast