6-month emergency food supplies - Page 2
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 6-month emergency food supplies

Mountain House is very good although it is kind of high. The quality is very good and they have a wide chose of products. Be sure and get a good water purifier while you are at it.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

I have 6 to 8 months in canned good that we rotate and then I have a couple of years of food in the form of wheat, corn, beans, honey, milk and so on which I have dry packed. I also have about 400 gallons of water and a well in my basement. :D

Tarzan
    1 Timothy 5:8

"But if any aprovide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel."

4. Survival

Now that, Tarzan, is what I even wish I had, a well in my basement! One of these days, perhaps, when my little lady & I do buy a house we may be able to do the same. Until then---I have to use prepare as best I can.:)

I also have about 400 gallons of water and a well in my basement.
    Tarzan, this is a most exquisite idea! We're planning a relocation to Souf' Carolina in the next few years...I do believe I'll talk to the Corporate Goddess and see if we can't incorporate that scheme into our Master Plan! Thank you!!
    NRA Life; GOA Life; CCRKBA Life; Trustee, NJCSD; F&AM: 32 & KT
    The Only Answer to a Bad Guy with a Gun - Is a Good Guy with a Gun!
    When Seconds Count...The Police are only MINUTES Away!

6. Nitro Pak seems to have a good selection on that type of stuff although I never tried them myself

http://www.nitro-pak.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Ektarr View Post
    Tarzan, this is a most exquisite idea! We're planning a relocation to Souf' Carolina in the next few years...I do believe I'll talk to the Corporate Goddess and see if we can't incorporate that scheme into our Master Plan! Thank you!!

You are welcome. The water storage is on purpose, but the well is by accident.

Where we live there is a perched water table. When the basement was dug it encountered a thin sand aquifer that would keep our basement an in-door swimming pool, so a sump was dug some 6 feet below the basement floor level and cased with a piece or 2 foot cement pipe. this pipe has perforations that allow the water to enter the pipe and we have a sump pump that kicks on when the water gets to about 2 feet below our floor.

Sump (well) is in a small fruit room under our front steps and the resulting draw-down cone keeps the entire basement dry.

The pump goes on every 20 minutes or so, and the water is piped out of our house.

It would be a simple matter to use this water for general use, but I would still treat it before it was used for drinking.

The storage water we have put in 55 gal. plastic drums. This water came from our treated culinary water and as long as it is kept cool and dark it is OK.
    We have also been told to keep it off the cement floor of the basement and so we put particle board squares under each of the 4 drums we currently have.

You also need a pump to remove the water as needed, and a wrench to open and close the barrels.

Tarzan
    1 Timothy 5:8

"But if any aprovide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel."

Emergency Essentials is another good choice.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

The water storage is on purpose, but the well is by accident.
    Perhaps, but my imagination went into Hyperdrive at the thought. I envision sinking the well, bringing up the feed, then plunking the house right over the top of it with a valve at the basement level. Two, actually...one to provide a source for water and one above that to cut off the flow-through to the rest of the house should a tornado - or sum'pn - come along and make it go away.

You should copyright this idea...!
    NRA Life; GOA Life; CCRKBA Life; Trustee, NJCSD; F&AM: 32 & KT
    The Only Answer to a Bad Guy with a Gun - Is a Good Guy with a Gun!
    When Seconds Count...The Police are only MINUTES Away!

Red face D'oh!!

another source for food and gear is major surplus
    www.majorsurplusandsurvival.com

efoods direct is another option.
    http://www.efoodsdirect.com/

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast