6-month emergency food supplies - Page 6
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: 6-month emergency food supplies

http://nwfood.shelfreliance.com

20-30 year shelf life. About 18 months even after opening. Vegetables, meats, fruits, and just about everything else.

Off of I-80 between Des Moines and Cheyenne
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    Emergency Essentials is another good choice.
    Found here:

You're welcome.
    Last edited by lukem; 04-14-2015 at 04:44 PM.
    1)"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty." -Thomas Jefferson.
    2)"Imagine how gun control might be stomped if GOA or SAF had the (compromising) NRA's 4 million members!" -Me. http://jpfo.org/filegen-n-z/nraletter.htm

Natural Disaster

This thread is very informative, but what if your home,dwelling,living space is no longer habitable? Vehicle is in operatable and or un useful from natural disaster, you and family are on foot, evacuation. I have a bugout bag set up for my family complete w/first aid,water purifier,clothes,firearms etc, but food? Hi calorie,hi saturated fat and hi protien nurishment is the only thing I dont have? Any suggestions other than MRE's and not to heavy as im sure ill be carrying the bag, which is already upwards of 50lbs.

5. MRE's are about the only way to go other than protein bars and the like which you could get at any GNC store.

My DW and I have Identical B.O.B's. Why Identical? In case we are only able to get one. It contains pretty much what you mention plus a few more "survival" goodies along with 6 MRE's (3 each for a 3 day supply). We have gotten the weight down to 18lbs per bag.
    I don't necessarily mean everything I say, I just do it to see the [email protected]@K on your face - HueMan 1998

food storage

If you a basement or cellar that keeps a pretty constant temp all year is where you want to store food. The wife does a lot of canning we can meat. Along with a lot of can goods Spam is well supplied in our house. Also when you empty your bleach bottles fill them with water (DO NOT RINSE OUT THE BOTTLE) The residue will help keep the watter longer. Also in case of emergency turn the valve off to your hot water tank that will give you a lot of water.

Just become an extreme couponer. Those people have like a years supply of everything. Can't forget about the Charmin.

8. YouTube has lots of vids on sealing dry goods in buckets using Mylar bags and oxygen remover. I'm working on going that route.

Wisefoodstorage.com 25 year shelf life. Comes in square 6 gallon buckets ( makes it easier to stack ). Drawback for some people might be that they are all vegatarian meals.

Quote Originally Posted by kardar2 View Post
    Also when you empty your bleach bottles fill them with water (DO NOT RINSE OUT THE BOTTLE) The residue will help keep the watter longer.
    DO NOT USE BLEACH BOTTLES! (http://www.emd.wa.gov/preparedness/d.../piy_water.pdf) Regular tap water needs no treatment. Use two liter soda bottles, not milk jugs that plastic deteriates quickly. Also for food check out Thrive it is a lot more versitile and flexible than Wise.
    Charles Story - Online Store

I have no affiliation with them (which I think we need to state when promoting any particular company) but when I have the chance I am going to start ordering from pleasant hills, Grain Mill Nutrimill Bosch Mixer Bosch Mixers Wheat Flour Grinder Mills Family Grain Mill Best Buy. this site seems to have it together from my research.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast