Looking for Idea's for what to put in a BOB. (Bug Out Bag) - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Looking for Idea's for what to put in a BOB. (Bug Out Bag)

Not sure how popular these are anymore, but if you can't afford a GPS, maybe a compass will do?
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Benjamin Franklin

A compass and a map is always a good idea. GPS's maps are sometimes wrong. GPS's being electronic can fail.
    Maybejim

Life Member NRA
    Life Member CRPA
    Life Member SASS

What you say isn't as important as what the other person hears

But if you are in the middle of the deep woods living off the land. How are you going to charge the batts? Now if they made a Sun powered GPS that would rock.

THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

There are solar chargers for batteries. Radio's and GPS's often use AA batteries.

But then I don't anticipate being out in the middle of nowhere but rather in or around a city/town. I would not likely abandon my vehicle, which would be my camper on my F350 and which has a propane generator and I have a Honda 2000 watt gas generator.
    Maybejim

Life Member NRA
    Life Member CRPA
    Life Member SASS

Lightbulb Family Preps

Small solar panel

Meds...All the OTC you can think of. Benydril is a big one due to the allergic reaction with bugs, bees, food, plants etc. factor. Aspirin, Ibuprofen, tylenol, cough drops, female items (you know "Earl Price check Isle 7" as you cringe and try to crawl under the counter.), sunscreen, antibiotic creme, allergy medicine (you can't shoot a rifle with hay fever!)

Vitamins...in bad dietary situations the first thing to go is the eyes ...nuff said!

What you leave with may be all you have. Plan ahead. Keep meds dark and cool.

oh yeah...a cool pair of shades/shooting glasses.
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

Don't forget to regularly rotate food and medicines out of your "emergency" supplies!
    Maybejim

Life Member NRA
    Life Member CRPA
    Life Member SASS

BOB thoughts.

all good so far. candles make good firestarters and can serve by hem selves a a source for heat and light. put a Bible in bag anyway. wifeepoo will get over it. emergencies tend to make people call on God becausethey have run out of options. you and she need to know what those options are. i will leave it at that. a good survival manual can come in handy . you might even be able to download one and then print it out if need be. i have some old time radio shows, youmight be able to obtain some as a diversion when you are not on watch. i have done this same thing and i need to go thru it. i try to go through and upgrade and improve and rotate food and meds, etc every 6 months.

wolfhunter Guest

I have the SAS hand book covers every thing i will need to know. I'M trying to stay away from man made stuff. Find stuff in the wild or home made stuff. As if the **** does hit the fan the OTC crap will only last so long. But being that it is a every day carry bag as well i will add some stuff in. All good stuff keep it coming.

Quote Originally Posted by maybejim View Post
    There are solar chargers for batteries. Radio's and GPS's often use AA batteries.

But then I don't anticipate being out in the middle of nowhere but rather in or around a city/town. I would not likely abandon my vehicle, which would be my camper on my F350 and which has a propane generator and I have a Honda 2000 watt gas generator.
    Yeah see if the **** does hit the fan i would be getting the Hell out of the city and away from people.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast